First amtrak heritage I've filmed and seen....

Yesterday had an interesting catch though i was there looking for freight trains when
Amtrak came around.  I was quite surprised to see a  heritage unit on this train. I sort
of just figured it was going to be another run of the mill amtrak train with the same type
of units paint scheme you see everyday. When I seen the red on the side i decided to
start filming because hey something different. Good thing I did. It was on the Southwest
Chief Number 4 in Galesburg.





Funny thing happened while filming yesterday on an unrelated train but involved Amtrak.
I was waiting on a coal train with a cream and Green SD70MAC in the lead BNSF #9671
and before it eventually took off  an Amtrak train came on the Ottumwa sub heading west.
Someone I knew on social media was in the Cab and hollered Hi Jan out the window and waved.
I about died laughing. I was sort of stunned too like is that him? Wait what the?  I wish i filmed
that instead of took pictures of that train. It would have been funny as hell. I don't record all trains
and tend to pick and choose. I seen it was just a regular Amtrak so didn't think nothing of it to
film. That was interesting to say the least...

Here was the coal train and the Amtrak train....








Yesterday seen a few interesting things in the yard including some ex- Southern Pacific
locomotives and CEFX  GP20D locomotives amongst some other various shots of other
stuff.















Also watched BNSF #1848 creeping slowly by an Amtrak loading passengers at the Galesburg
station. It would creep on backwards into the yard minutes later.






Also yesterday the 8th of September 2018 caught a few Peoria subs both caught while
out doing errands One came in while i was leaving my place so filmed it nearby. It was
hauling coal empties heading into Galesburg. The other one  was heading out of Galesburg
to Peoria hauling coal.  We also get quite a few night trains on this line sometimes. This
Galesburg stay is paying off at times.





Also caught a BNSF Manifest with BNSF # 4323 & KCS # 3930 in Wataga, Illinois this
day as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)