Fun at the railfan house...

Today was one of those rare events where I sucked up my social anxiety and 
actually socialized. Well some I was also quiet too. I met a bunch of railfans 
at the railfan house in Galesburg. For the most part enjoyed myself other 
than the wind, cool temps and someone who got upset over a facebook post
which was sarcasm and weird humor by the way but no confront me about 
it as if that will prevent me from trying to be funny, snark on social media.
It doesn't matter. It didn't ruin my day. That wind though was something else.
I about got knocked off my feet filming a train and it hit everyone else too.
Many thanks to people who made my day and thanks to Bob for having that
place for railfans.

The train activity was slow hit and miss but you have those days even in a  train
hot spot like Galesburg. The most exciting thing was a fake bonnet, a Canadian
Pacific and a Ferromex locomotive on a few trains.  Other than that just BNSF's
usual orange stuff or what one person that was there had dubbed it in a group 
Yuck stuff.  While i love any train and locomotive BNSF orange makes up the
majority stuff seen.  It is what it is some days.  Power wise or activity period.
All and all a fun day despite mother nature's roar with the wind.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)