Keokuk Junction Railway Santa Train 2018

Once a year Keokuk Junction Railway holds a Santa Train for the kiddies,
families and railfans. The line up consists of their FP9A's and the F9B plus
a caboose which Santa rides in. This year Prex #1750 lead the train and last
year where #1752 did so. The event spans many miles from Mapleton all the
way over into Fulton County ending at Smithfield. It's great opportunity to
photograph and film the train as well as  talk with friends and other railfans.
I used to be more shyer at these things though still not socially perfect but better
than I was.  I got sad  after visiting my Dad's grave though which was the only
hiccup in the day and getting slightly sick from the cold and coughing but hey
atleast no blood this year so great.  I swear I've coughed and hacked leaving my 
DNA behind at every crossing one time or another. Besides the cold and that it
was a fun time but i've never been more happier than to get somewhere warm.
LOL. Several people want to give thanks to as well as wish everyone a Merry
Christmas.

Still when it comes to Santa the only true Santa to me will always be my Dad so
it's still pretty weird seeing someone else in that role even though Dad has been
gone 11 years now. This is in memory of him too. 

Video:



Photos:





























































Trespassing Venison aka Deer at Breeds:




Dad, his sister, his Aunt and his parents plus a nephew at White Chapel Memorial
Gardens on the edge of Canton:








Note: A great video of the event to check out is David Jordan's. He does great work
filming these. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYbQGMXK_qg


Also thanks to Jeremy S and his son Christian for using my camera to take pictures
of the Cab in Prex #1750. I didnt feel comfortable with my health issues to attempt 
it if I got permission. Common  sense at play plus fear of being a clutz. XD







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)