Winter of 2018-2019 (I'm sick of it!)

As everyone in the midwest including Illinois knows the winter of 2018-2019 has
been a real pain in the ass bitch. We have had it all snow, ice and very frigid cold
temps some stretches with little breaks in between. In November had a blizzard 
which had dumped over a foot of snow with a few snow systems after that in the
next month which gave little chance of the deeper snow to melt. Then onto the
next few months up to March we had been blessed and I roll my eyes when I say
that with more snow, an ice storm and some artic air which dropped actual air
temps for highs and lows well below zero. One of the coldest lows was twenty one
below zero actual temp with wind chills from thirty below to fifty below. One lucky
sucker managed to hit thirty some below zero air temp. I think it was Mount Carroll
or something. We recieved an ice storm in Galesburg one day and we lost power for
nine straight hours which is always fun with no lights or heat. The temps latley have
been up and down with snow systems here and there. Sure it makes for some very
interesting pictures but it's a pain to clean off and scrape off car with no heat, drag
the trash can to the curb, go to the store and drive in. This year has been savage as
hell but I do know there's been alot worse winters in my time. A bad one in the late
1980's and the 90's had some good ones (not good in a good way). Well the 90's ones
was good for me I got to get out from going to school so snow was a joy back then not
so much as an adult. Dad told me about the winter of 1978-79 and it was really brutal.

I know well over twenty years ago I was hoping and joyful over this crap. I'd listen to 
the radio for school closings and when my school was mentioned I did a happy dance
and was very delighted.  I'd make snow forts, throw snowballs at cars and trains, write
profanities in the snow and when we had to go to school get involved or start snowball
fights at the bus stop. Back then it was all fun and games now that I'm an old goat I'm
sick of this shit. I'm over thirty sick of everyone's shit but most of all sick of winter weather
especially this year. Yes I'm grumpy but I no longer like snow, ice and I especially hate the
artic temps. This winter can go bite it and it seems like the winter that never ends. We get
it planet earth you're mad at humans crap and i dont blame you but go bug Canada and
Alaska for a while will you and keep it up there. :)






























































Comments

  1. At least you get to shoot trains in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granted some i film from the car to avoid freezing more and frost bitten hands. The only plus side is gets some snow shots of trains. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)