Galesburg Railroad Days 2019

The annual Galesburg Railroad Days are here and a
friend was kind enough to take me despite me being
a tad grouchy in the morning plus being sore. I had
fun and even my husband did a nice gesture when I
got back. We went to the  train display went into that
and even filmed a BNSF Manifest where i filmed it
off the Amtrak Platform.

Here is pictures and video:




















Then we went to the train show and even got a book on
the TP&W Railroad. I used to live in a town where TP&W
ran through before KJRY. I seen TP&W trains as a kid and
would run or ride on my bike down to the tracks to watch so
it's only fitting. Also got a 2020 Calender of a photographer
I have met Roger Holmes who does awesome work also a very
cool guy. That was neat. The CB&Q History Quincy branch
I want to see if the Library has that because very interested in
the local CB&Q branches around Illinois. There was interesting
stuff but some stuff was puzzled by high prices but some models
are so well detailed I can understand why but the books some
being 80 dollars i think you're nuts if you  buy a book more than
fifty but im a cheap skate at times but atleast it's money spent
for them for something they enjoy and can keep so nothing
wrong with it. I'm not  being snarky by any means. If they can
afford it knock themselves out I never can so that's why it kind
of puzzles me. My friend helped me and the book was a more
reasonable price so it's good. I'm surprised there wasn't more
pictures of TP&W in Canton but i guess Canton wasn't exactly
a scenic town or one with much industry also Canton stinks as
a town in general so there's that. LOL.

I do regret not having Roger sign the calender as an autograph
he's kind of well known in the community and does great work.
It'd be the ultimate compliment asking for an autograph on some
of his work. If I ever get a hold of the TP&W book my friend
helped write probably ask him to sign it as a good job type
thing and compliment. I think that would be the ultimate
compliment. I know when someone says to me Ive watched your
KJRY videos and like my work I feel complimented and honored.
I'm just a simple mere railfan though not a big shot in this hobby.
I'm happy just to be that. It was nice to meet others I never met in person before also.



Here is video of the show which is my second
train show ever:


Also including pictures of some catches of the day we got
around Galesburg, Galva, and Cameron.




















Galva a town I have never railfanned there before. We caught
an Amtrak also I liked the fountain in their park so filmed that
as stuff like that is relaxing to me. I'm a weird person though so
haha.










Also caught Union Pacific on the Chillicothe sub:

The BNSF local dropping off cars at West Rock Industry off
Linwood in Galesburg:

Overall besides a few hiccups on my part and back pain it
was a good day.

Also one of my husbands good gestures last night.


However a Robin was judging us all....it's hunting for food
and here we are looking at trains. Ive never seen such a
judgemental Robin so full of sass...XD
The horse I seen didnt care...:)



Many thanks to David Jordan whoses been a good friend
and deserves praise. He's a cool dude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)