Bon Voyage KJRY F units.

It has been recently announced in Trains magazine that the new
owners of the former Pioneer Lines Brookhaven is set
to take the world famous F units out of service off the Keokuk
Junction Railway line. Their last run west is to be tommorrow
August 7, 2019 and they will be stored in La Harpe as far as I
know. This is sad news but the possibility since the change of
companies was there. As if they continue the Santa Train tradition
is yet to be seen but I highly doubt it but the optimistic me  hopes so.

I won't lie I'm uneasy about the new ownership and what type of changes.
It's only expected they'll make changes it is a business after all and they
need to do what's best for the line, company and crews. I have had many
memories chasing the F's and the memories are some of the best a gal can
have so a part of me will miss them. I moved out of the area so seeing KJRY
has become a rare occurance. I have so many pictures and videos of them
that they will always live in memory. Now  if they'll just store them or down
the road sell them off is anyone's guess.

A little history on these units they were built from 1954-1955 and first
served CN before going to two other companies both in Canada before
Pioneer purchased them in and around 2003. They started running on
the Peoria & Western (now KJRY) line which is the former TP&W in
2007.  They held annual Santa Train events since 2008 and it's up in the
air if they continue with this. I really really hope but different company
so I'm not confident. Doing away with the F's and cancelling repairs on
the wheels for #1752 gives me doubts they will continue. Oh well, it was
fun while it lasted.

Trains Magazine article on this:
http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2019/08/05-illinois-f-units-reach-the-end-of-the-line?fbclid=IwAR12WI5VBKVcJz12-pLKbbFn5wWDLPrs1eGwDTfYqf1LFlS9L7lq5fW0bQ8#.XUg1IJPTOYI.facebook



















































































Santa Train December 2018:










































Video:

Tribute video:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)