IAIS NSDMPE/SIPE chase

 On the morning of September 5, 2020 decided to get away and head out to the Quad Cities. I originally had planned a day of exploring and filming trains at the Quad Cities and even checked out Barstow which was dead as usual with only a few idle locomotives. I noticed from the Highway 5 bridge over the Iowa Interstate Silvis yard a long train facing east. I go to investigate to see a lead NS unit behind trees departing and a horn blow that it was probably going to start a Peoria, Illinois run . I told my friend who helped me put out a heads up in a group for others in the Peoria railroad Facebook page and thus the chase began.  I decided to follow it to Peoria around Genesso as I wanted video and pictures which I am about to post.

Colona, Illinois:



Barstow, Illinois: (BNSF)


Annawan, Illinois: 



Mineral, Illinois:

The train stopped here for a bit to what appeared to be picking up a buffer car off a siding before resuming the Peoria run.










After Mineral I head to the next town Wyanet to use the ladies room and grab drink before resuming the chase. I push through Princeton onto Bureau Junction. I made a wrong turn and had to back track. Yes pun intended. I see the train crossing the highway to Peoria at Bureau heading onto the line to there on the wye which I gave an update on it's location. I sadly didn't get to film it here like I had wanted.

I then film and take pictures of it passing through Putman, Henry and Sparland, Illinois.

Putman, Illinois:




 Henry. Illinois:



Sparland, Illinois:



Chillicothe, Illinois:

I wanted a shot of a train by the former Rock Island Railroad Depot ( now a museum). Well I get it which pleased me.








Mossville, Illinois:

Next I head to Mossville where I took photographs as well as seen a familiar friendly face.





Peoria, Illinois:

For my final stop I went to the riverfront in Peoria and picked a spot by the Rock Island Depot and the Illinois River.












The day before I filmed trains at Galva, Kewanee and Galesburg which I want to add as well as Videos from Peoria on September 3rd, 2020.

September 4, 2020:

Galva, Illinois:







Kewanee, Illinois:









 

After Kewanee that evening on the way back from a store in Galesburg I seen the Quad Cities local pulling into the yard so i figured might as well film it.





On September 3rd we went to Peoria and on our way back we film trains in Chillicothe and near Edelstein, Illinois off the Chillicothe Subdivision.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.