Burlington a bust and an unintended chase...

I decided to go to Burlington, Iowa on August 6, 2018 in hopes of some action
on the Burlington Junction Railway line.  I had also considered the Quad cities
but was talking in construction into consideration, weather and  what I wanted to
deal with so went with Burlington. I did film a barge on the Mississippi, BNSF in
the yard switching and a BNSF train in downtown Burlington in a neat little area
I like.  After that it was dead and there was no activity on the BJRY. Alco #701 was
tied down with no life what so ever around. I noticed up a ways off the riverfront 
there was construction at a crossing on their line so that may have been why.

It was no big deal. I remembered people saying Keokuk Junction Railway may head
west that day and figured I'd go catch them at La Harpe as I don't go to La Harpe 
to fan often enough. I take pictures of what's there by the shop but they were no where
in sight so head east figuring I'd run into them somewhere along the line from Bushnell
to La Harpe. I was wrong sort of. I was right i'd probably find them around Bushnell and
I did. I crossed their crossing and seen lights miles down the tracks so I stay in that area. 
They uncoupled locomotives from train to go do some ADM work and I film some of that.
While waiting for them to come get their train and  head out I meet a railfan Dustin in one
of the groups on facebook.  I also seen and briefly talked to two others that were chasing this train.

I didn't intend to chase it back to La Harpe as I had originally thought I'd take a few pictures
and a video and go back home to Galesburg. Then I got a hair up my butt since down there
to give chase since La Harpe was like 26 miles from Bushnell or something like that.  After
I see the Peoria crew and the F's tie down at La Harpe I witness the Keokuk crew doing switching using Prex #2047 & #2032. I was hot and tired so only filmed a little and snapped 
a few shots so I left not too long after. All and all it was worth giving up on Burlington and
atleast I caught something at Burlington granted it was a BNSF train with a fake bonnet but
better than nothing so happy reguardless.


Picture: Burlington, Iowa ( Mississippi River)

Before i left Galesburg  and before it stormed I seen this at the yard:




Burlington, Iowa pictures and video's:

































BNSF sitting near Lomax, Illinois waiting to move....



On my way back stop by the La Harpe KJRY shop to see what was out:









In Bushnell catch the KJRY and before it continued west it uncoupled train to
do a switch job at ADM in Bushnell, Illinois:




Video of the ADM job:

Video of the entire chase from Bushnell to La Harpe:


Between Bushnell and Good Hope, Il:


Sciota, Illinois:







Blandinsville, Illinois:

(Yes I photographed in a cemetery. I find Cemeteries peaceful places and cool setting
for shots but I'm morbid and a ghoul probably so.....)

I talk to my Dad's grave sometimes and I also like to walk old cemeteries or cemeteries
with really old stones to read the stones and try to picture a life well before all of this we
have today.





La Harpe, Illinois:






Keokuk Crew at La Harpe at work switching and such with Prex #2047-#2032:









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)