Oh no another Winter storm...but why?

Once again Illinois is facing another big snow storm maybe not as big as the
last one but predicting enough snow to cause major headaches so oh brother
here we go again is all I can say. It may be festive during the holidays if you're
a person full of glee and easily amused but for anyone else it's a pain in the ass
especially if you have health problems that do not need further aggrivating. It's
Illinois though so this is the price you pay living this far north so I guess I need
to suck it up as salty as I may be about it. The Blizzard in November was a major
pain in my side and the 2011 one caused me alot of problems. I am no longer a fan
of snow or winter. Sure when I was a kid in public schools it was great hoping for
enough snow to cancel school, starting snowball fights at the bus stop or building
snow forts so you can hide and throw snowballs at cars. Back then it was all fun and
games.....stupid kid I was.  Now I'm an adult that has to clear off the car or make a
way through the crap so not so gleeful about storms. Not having a car with heat or
a working defroster makes it even more pleasant so if I snark and am cynical about\
snow it's with good reason.

I am hoping we get less but right now Galesburg it appears to be five or six inches
which is alot less than the Blizzard back in November 2018 where we got up to 13
inches but still enough to be a burden. In the spirit of things will post pictures of the
2018 Blizzard also later on in the blog will add the blizzard of 2011 pictures.

Blizzard of Nov 2018 Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois:




































It even created headaches in the Galesburg railyard. I'm sure they were about as 
thrilled as I over the snow. That was sarcasm by the way.
































Video:

Blizzard of Feb 2011 Cuba, Illinois ( around 19 inches fell):
















***UPDATE 01-12-2019*****

Galesburg  at 8 pm has to atleast have 6-8 inches on the ground. The official total
no idea yet but here are pictures from the storm today.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)