Quad cities railfanning Jan 5, 2019

I decided to give the Quad Cities another try railfanning wise and this time
it paid off. Sure I didn't get IAIS 513 but I did catch them in action as well
as seen the Heritage 516. You can't win them all. I left early and I explored
Silvis some then went to Barstow. The BNSF Barstow yard had no signs of life
but a few locomotives were there. I didn't care I was going to focus on Iowa
Interstate then Canadian Pacific across the river in Iowa.

I managed to catch some switching done at the Silvis yard and caught a westbound
IAIS train in Davenport. After that shifted focus to the Canadian Pacific Railway.
I caught them taking a transferred load off the Iowa Interstate and they took it in the
Nahant yard. I seen quite a few locomotive movement in that yard. I caught a a few
trains one in Davenport then another at Bettendorf so the day paid off. I went in 2017
with a friend Windle and  it was dead everywhere that day. I got quite a bit of pictures
and videos of the day. I was not disappointed. I was glad to get some time alone also to
blow off some steam before I went off the rails. Pun intended.

IAIS, Silvis, Illinois:




























IAIS Davenport, Iowa:

Canadian Pacific Railway picked up a transfer load from the IAIS:



CP transfer load enroute to Nahant yard in Davenport, Iowa:








CP Nahant yard in Davenport, Iowa:












CEFX 1023 by turn table in the Nahant yard in Davenport:








Rock Island Caboose in Silvis, Illinois:

BNSF Barstow yard, Barstow, Illinois:




IAIS 711 transfering a load to the Rock Island yard passing through Moline, Illinois:


YOUTUBE Videos of the day:


Canadian Pacific Railway:  Davenport & Bettendorf, Iowa:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)