Active train day in several locations

This morning a friend and I saw a BNSF Grain train creeping out of the Galesburg yard. My friend determined it was going to head up the Barstow Subdivision. We ended up heading to Alpha where we met an Ethanol train waiting for it to get out of the way. So we ended catching two trains.







Video:

Later after I go to the store I see a manifest leaving the yard and onto the Ottumwa Subdivision westbound so I go a few miles to Cameron to wait on it.  It had a Reading Northern Railway car on it two in fact.







Video:

After Cameron I check out the yard before checking out a little of the Mendota Sub to see if they were still doing track work which in Galesburg they were.






Before I go home I check out a spot I seen off Google Earth of the Chillicothe Sub crossing over a back road that goes to near my home. I catch a Piggyback Train crossing the bridge.




Video:

Then I take the back road to head home and see an approaching train entering Galesburg literally right across the highway from the place I live. I only took partial video as my phone battery power was low. It wasn't a long train anyway so oh well.




Video:

Thank you to my friend for cheering me up this morning. It's been a rough few days at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline