July Heritage catch and wacky weather

July 2020 has provided a few interesting catches all from heads up from other railfan s which is always appreciated. I enjoy a team effort of relaying info that may help others. Today was one of the days that started dull and wound up exciting. A friend gave a heads up that Union Pacific 1111 was on a train eastbound heading my way. I go pick a spot at Peck Park trying to get in shade as the sun was making things hot and backlit.

Two friends gave me tips and the new Fort Madison rail cam confirmed it was moving through that Iowa town crossing the river. I wait about an hour and a half and it finally arrives. I relay my info for the next people looking for it. It was fun being part of a team effort and a change of pace. I was not having luck finding movement on the other lines in Galesburg and the yard was quiet so this was great. Thank you folks.



And the video:
 Other photos and videos taken:











Now yesterday July 11th was a little exciting with a line of storms moving southeast from the Quad Cities. This ended up skimming my location but I did get blasted by some very strong winds. The clouds look menacing too for a time. While it was a bust a double rainbow formed and made it worth watching.

Here is the clouds and the rainbows:


















The real wacky weather happened on July 9th of 2020. While there was no hail in my location or tornado touchdown to my knowledge I did see heavy rain and very damaging winds. I thought I spotted some weak rotation within the wall cloud and later on someone mentioned rotation was seen around Galesburg. Regardless it got hairy for a few minutes blinded by heavy wind driven rain.


















Some of the flooding and damage of July 9th.
















Video:


Also some eerie and awesome looking clouds were seen after the storms.











July has seen some cool moments or intense ones so far and the month isn't even over yet. I thank any of my friends for heads ups or being awesome people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)