Keokuk Junction Railway chase 8-03-20

Thanks to a friend for a heads upon KJRY movement about mid day I end up spending a few hours chasing a line I use to frequently follow. I was in Galesburg when I was told they were on the move westbound from Mapleton so I drive down.

I ended up catching them starting to leave Canton and the chase began. I chased them as far as Bushnell and if I wasnt so tired I could have went to La Harpe but I decided to end it at Bushnell.

Canton and west of Canton:








Video of the Chase:
The train had some boxcars to be stored and a Chicago & North Western hopper on the 50 some car train.





Cuba:


Smithfield:




Seville:



Marietta:



New Philidelphia:




Bushnell:






Also seen today at Marietta is an old siding used by TP&W with a signal box in the overgrowth. Obviously in no shape for use and KJRY owns it now.







Also I stopped by and snapped a few pictures of the Old CB&Q depot at St. Augustine on the way home.




In Galesburg I came acrossed a City Job BNSF train crossing Monmouth Boulevard. I turn around and head to the West Rock Warehouse hoping I will witness boxcars being dropped off. There was no such luck but I did notice after their end of the line sput tracks used to cross the enterance to the place. I wondered if it went to Maytag at one time.








All and all had a decent day thanks to a heads up.😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline