IMRR chase Havana to Pekin on Valentine's Day 2021

 Today I had planned a boring afternoon of laundry when I was greeted by the sound of a horn. It didnt sound like the usual coal train or coal empty to which Illinois & Midland uses BNSF for. I go investigate and the train stopped at the small yard in Havana. It appeared they dropped off atleast four tank cars before proceeding north.

My intention was to film it at this trestle over a creek a few miles outside Havana. The train beat me to it as the road was snow and ice covered and couldn't exactly go speed limit intended. I did catch it leaving the Havana yard on a road i sit off of to determine what a trains movement will be. Coal trains are obvious but locals not so much as they have been seen dropping cars off then proceed back south which is why I wait around. 

Pictures of trestle and IMRR leaving Havana:











Well I missed my chance to catch the train over the creek so i decide what the hell I will chase it and head toward Forest City. I considered Bishop but didnt deem it very scenic. I may one day but today is not the day. I decide to try another location from my usual Forest City one behind a elevator down the tracks from the old depot.

Forest City:



After the train passed I made my way up to Manito going for a more downtown shot. 



Afterwards I head out in the country near Manito to scope out spots. I see a trestle over a trench with water so chose this to film from the road. The train spooked some ducks probaby my ducks Ive been trying to line up in my life. haha. Who knew they were hiding near train tracks. How fitting considering I am a railfan. 😀

Rural Manito:





After this I go up Wagonseller Road near Pekin, Illinois. This is where the train will stop in the railyard here.







The video of entire chase:



 On the way back listened to a slideshow livecast on youtube someone was doing of a known railfan and facebook friend who had passed away a year or so back on the Rock Island Railroad and other railroads. Larry Anglund had photograghed railroads for some Forty or more years and captured some great stuff. He is missed by many and his work lives on. Rest in peace Larry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline