Two IMRR trains in one day...one saw days before.

 Today I chased two Illinois & Midland trains northbound and a southbound. One was a northbound with Coal empties and the other was a southbound Fully loaded Coal train. The second one was a train I had caught leaving Galesburg on the Peoria Subdivision enroute to Peoria. I filmed that one on February 22nd in Knoxville, Illinois.  BNSF delivers to the TZPR area and parks train probably on siding off Wesley Road or in the area. The BNSF crew leaves the train. The train sits until the power plant needs the coal and IMRR sends crew to it. I wondered since I am staying at Havana if I would see it again. Sure enough today was that day.

This train consisted of BNSF 5897 - BNSF 8966 with BNSF 9368 as the DPU. I couldn't get it at Havana due to Havana traffic at that time. I drive down to Kilbourne and film it just south of town. Then i take some quick pictures of the end of the train crossing the Sangamon River before heading down to Petersburg to film the lead locomotives and take a few shots.

Kilbourne:



Sangamon River bridge:





Petersburg:





Todays video:


Feb 22: BNSF hauling train on the Peoria Sub at Knoxville, Illinois.


The earlier northbound train crossing Quiver Creek near Havana:









Comments

  1. where did you take the railroad bridge at?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline