IMRR day with brother n law.

The day started off paying bills, ect and a few of them I go to Pekin to take care of.  Yada yada yada boring stuff.  Anyways after we do that and my brother n law does an intake at  a facility for a future appointment over there  he lets me railfan a little and we wound up spending four hours doing so.  Oh how you lose track of time when preoccupied.  We come across a train with it's lights on the Illinois & Midland Railroad which is a shortline for the Genesee  & Wyoming Company which owns many shortlines in the United States including other local shortlines TP&W and TZPR.
Sitting parked with it's load was a TP&W locomotive # 2056 (GP38-2) and RLK GP38AC #3874 which is a locomotive for IMRR.  Ofcourse it was on the IMRR line with IMRR crew. It sat there for a while so we took a few pictures where it was sitting then go up further so I could film it whenever it proceeded onward toward Wesley Road and the TZPR yard area.  I'm not sure if it takes it to their yard or the other one by East Peoria.  While waiting we listened to the scanner, fiddled around and hung around in the shade to escape the sun.  It eventually moves so I film it approach IC Junction and the old C&IM depot at Pekin.  It stops for a few minutes so stop filming knowing i'd go up to Wesley Road and film the entire thing there.  I knew where itwas heading for so got ahead of it by a few miles and waited til it came.  We parked off Wesley Road near ADM where watched the locomotive at that facility do it's thing even though I think it is ugly with a bizarre sounding horn.  Productivity is far more important anyway so if it does a well enough job that is all that matters.  Personally I think it needs a paint job.  I think #8089 was a former IC locomotive.  I don't hate it but i rarely pay attention to it.  IMRR approaches and I film it there passing by on the mainline.


We go up the road and see a parked UP locomotive with  a line of hoppers none of which look loaded but it was sitting on high ground and I couldn't really tell.  In this area we spotted a furry creature that looked like a Beaver so we crack jokes about how the Wesley Road Gangsta Geese ( Canada Geese) have new competition for territory.  It's a lame joke between us.  Don't mind me. One day I seen a few wild turkies crossing the road.  I have yet to see deer but no doubts they may be somewhere.  We go to East Peoria.  A TZPR train got permission to cross Washington Street then it started to back into the yard but i didn't get to catch it in time because of traffic.  It was a switcher so I reckon maybe #1352 but didn't get a look at the number nor did i pay attention to the number they stated on the scanner since i was more concerned about  traffic.  We go to Peoria afterwards and sit not too far from the Old Brick building which I think was a Brewery at one time.  I'm not sure if it was Pabst or  the other one Miller (???).  TZPR #1351 was sitting not far from it with all of it's lights on.  It sat there for ever and explained to Scott they are probably waiting for another train to clear track up ahead or across the river in the yard.  It turns out he was waiting on a BNSF train to cross and head from Bridge Junction down to Darst Street in Peoria.  We or I should say got bored and probably a little impatient ( yes I'm not known for having the best patience) go  hang around Sanger Street to watch it come around the curve at Bridge Junction.  We do and I film most of it but it stopped for a few minutes so I stopped filming so i could snap a few pictures.  Shortly after TZPR #1351 takes off and I don't get down to it in time so I sort of kick myself in the butt for making a bad call.  I wish I stayed for that instead of some BNSF train with hoppers.  I couldn't tell if they were loaded but it didn't look like it.  BNSF is a dime a dozenn with those type of trains which is why I kicked myself in the butt.  I love BNSF don't get me wrong and love watching any train but when you have to  pick between two of them and you see Coal trains or empty hoppers all the time.  Anyways I had hoped to see both but it is what it is.  BNSF I still love you by the way  I just had hopes of catching both trains.  The joys of the inability to be in two places at the same time.  It's no big deal I caught #1351 a few weeks back in Peoria so it's not like I have never filmed that particular switcher or type of train.  After that we go home because i was starting to get tired.  I gave Scott my old Camera as a present and he said he wouldn't mind going with me in some future ones and he enjoyed himself.  He likes cars so if we see any car shows i'd take him or go with him to share his interest to make it fair.  I don't hate  looking at cars I just don't know much about them.  Anyways it was a decent day and I have no regrets spending a majority of it  chasing the IMRR train.   :)








































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.