CN,KJRY & TZPR...not a bad day

Despite running errands and a heavy down pour in Pekin today turned out decent catch wise. This morning while paying bills Keokuk Junction Railways comes through Canton so I go get a head of it west of Canton and fiom it with my brother n law. We also take pictures at Wee ma tuk junction.
After this go to Pekin where Scott points out something orange down by the riverfront so we go down and see a TZPR switcher #1521 idling there for a bit.  We hung around for a few minutes but due to no activity we snap some photos and hang by the river a bit then leave to run errands. I seen someone else taking pictures of it so another railfan perhaps?  :)

We catch CN on the way back and i made a sweep to see if I could find anything. I was hoping to catch CN so my luck improved. I didn't expect the former Illinois Central unit #1005 so that was a first for me. We both took pictures and I filmed all in various spots in Pekin then went and parked up on Wesley Road in Creve Coure to catch it for the final time before we leave to go home.  The #1005 was icing on the cake and they headed to TZPR yard.  Both of us took pictures so I'll  make a note on whom took whom. I'll start with mine I took and the ones I film and later will add Scott's (with his permission ofcourse) and list what ones are his.

Mine: (Jan Smith)



















Coming up is Scott Smith's work ( my brother n law): I gave him my old camera we really need to get him a better one. lol.

Scott: (pictures taken by Scott)






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)