The Geese

Most of my blogs have been about trains, history of area coal mines or rants about the city of Canton so I'm going to do one on the geese.  I think they deserve one since they bring me some company when I need some. They don't judge, they don't critisize and they don't nag also they don't care what the hell you say to them.  Granted they want food but  a few let me pet them on the back and got real close.  Some eat out of my hand and some will lay there next to me for a while chilling in the shade not the least bit scared of me. They will never have a reason to fear me I like them. They are so much better than dealing with some people.  I have never been attacked or had any problems. The worst they do is hiss at you even if your just feeding them. I just take it as "Give me food now" hiss.  Haha.

One goose is different from the others and looks like a hybrid between a Canada goose and some other goose maybe a domesticated one? I don't know. I named him or her "Fankengoose". If it's a male it's "Frankie" and if it's a girl the name will be" Frankie".  Almost everytime i go out to Lakeland Frankengoose runs up to me and will eat out of my hand and hangs around a few minutes. The geese are nice to me but some will keep their distance which i don't blame them since not all humans are nice hence why I like the geese better than some humans.  The geese run that park and they know it.  They will get into goose battles from time to time because they are territorial animals and if any goose gets near their goslings they will be promptly chased off by the father. I have watched many families of geese with their goslings grow and now they are  adult geese almost. They will leave their parents by what I have read by the next spring when the parents breed again.  The parents will chase them off  so they can have more babies. I have also learned that bread is junk food for them and I have been going towards Oats the last few times. Other foods  good  for them is sliced up  seedless grape,cracked corn, peas and oats.  

Canada Geese are known to migrate to other areas but our geese atleast most stay around at Lakeland where they know they are safe and people will feed them.  They love to walk up and 
beg which is cute. They'll even grab food out of your bag if one is impatient which is funny as hell.
few let me pet them on the back and my brother n law has pet a few himself. We pet them lightly. Some will waddle off but some just don't care. They know they will not be hurt. Even when they accidently bite you when feeding it doesn't really hurt. People might think i'm weird but I consider them my feathery friends.  I wish there were more ducks and coots but this year there hasn't been.
I seen two swans a month or so back way off in the distance but they don't come up to people. I would love to see Swans with cygnets ( baby swans) but no such luck yet. Anyways here aresome pictures and videos of the geese.































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)