Prex #1500

Yesterday someone mentioned in a group that the Prex #1500 would probably be making an East Peoria trip with KJRY's line up.  This locomotive came from La Harpe and was an Ex- Up switcher.  I happened to see it back in March in the UP colors but had to go back to find the La Harpe pictures to see if the Ex UP there was this one or not.  It was.  Then a week  back or so seen KJRY bring it over prepped for a paint job heading to Kolbe and I got to see that at Breeds. Then today got to see it after it's repaint into Pioneer colors.  I guess by what someone said it was going to go east and be on another rail line maybe.

This morning had to take care of bills and whatever so we first go to Lewistown  to do our stuff then head to Pekin.  Before Pekin I was curious about the #1500 at Kolbe so went by.  I seen it coupled to the A-B-A line up and they coupled them all to a string of cars to take to East Peoria. I film it back  to go hook up the cars down the line then filmed it coming back and heading towards Hollis. I film it again cross Wheel road where the Gp20 #2003 followed it after the train cleared the crossing. I seen some other railfans for a change which was nice but anxiety probably made me awkward.  Ha.  I had my brother n law with me since the back break line was shot so running on front breaks only at the moment so coming to a stop takes some effort and distance.....so our car has become a train. Groovy! Joking.  I'm surprised since my husband went with us he didn't complain big time about being bored other than when we waited on KJ at Bartonville a while.  I kind of understand it but at the same time I wanted that exact spot.  I told him sometimes you have to be patient and wait things out in this hobby. He suggested we go look for the train so we do and by the Power plant see it coming up.  Sigh....I knew that would happen and never fails.  The moment you leave your spot they would be coming but good news for me is they're slow as hell.  I'm not complaining at all about that it gives me time to get ahead of it and park so we go back to that spot and I take pictures of it. Glad husband didn't give me too much crap on the railfanning but he said he wanted to get out due to depression so hopefully it helped.  My brother n law regretted not having the camera and i have made a little railfan out of him.  He's more into cars though. Oh well not a bad day.  In Pekin there was two cars waiting for CN to pick up but too tired to wait around for it so left after errands in Pekin. 

Here are the videos of today and the one last week  of it coming east:

A few pictures of Prex #1500 today:



Back in March  2017 in La Harpe,Illinois  #1500 in ex-Up color:






Slideshow of today's KJRY  train:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline