Galesburg my go to hot spot...

Once again took a trip to Galesburg a city I know will pay off rail
activity wise unlike Peoria or even Keokuk where it can be dead on
somedays and active others and not a sure thing. I'm sort of getting 
a major burn out on Peoria since nothing ever real special runs through
there other than catch CN or some TZPR action.  IAIS is a lost cause to
try to nail much like TP&W. Both lines unless you have a heads up chances
aren't good you'll catch anything at all.  The joy of living in this part of the 
state. They should just nickname our area Tumbleweed rail lines since you
have better odds of seeing a tumbleweed blow by than a train but I have bad 
luck & timing so sort of need to be somewhat snarky just to ease my saltiness.
Anyways Galesburg is always a sure bet on something. Videos will take days
to upload since I have AT&T and work around everyone else's schedule since
my uploading will slow the internet down for the entire household. Thanks 
AT&T you suck sometimes. Again need to put snarkiness a side I can be a 
total bitch any other time of the week.

Galesburg I managed to film a warbonnet, fake bonnet and catch a Green BN
locomotive plus seen a train with Citirail and KCS power so got a good variety
instead of the same BNSF  bombardment of Orange. I'm not crazy for orange
to be honest.  It's how it runs not looks so who the hell cares it's just an opinion
and a dumb one at that. I like variety every now and then and if anything damn 
and curse at my luck as i usually never get lucky. I'd shake my fist at the sky but
i'll save it for a more worthy cause like if some idiot ticks me off. I  head off the
train with the Green BN unit north of Galesburg on the Barstow Sub which is my 
time checking out that line in Galesburg believe or not. I tried to do an shout out
incoming on my phone for the Galesburg group but my phone it's crap and loading
Facebook on it's a challenge so whatever. I guess I can shake my fist at my phone.
Oh never mind I probably cursed it out earlier. I tried to go up to Henderson but it
was going to fast and I didn't know the area well so turned around in Henderson
and went back.  I filmed it so I'm happy with that.  I nailed a few Amtrak as well
and Union Pacific.  I filmed a BNSF with a war bonnet and Autoracks off Henderson
Street and seen vehicles in them.  I thought about yelling I'll trade you vehicles put
my car on the autorack and haul it off.  I kid I kid being weird though I wish I could
afford a better vehicle instead of something decades old. On the plus side an old
vehicle slows everyone behind you up so you end up unintentionally trolling traffic
so I guess take some comfort in that. It's not that bad it just doesn't do well on
excellerating up hills and  when I approach the Banner Hill like oh fuck here we 
go hope the  people behind me have a sense of humor but ofcourse they don't.
They just fly around me and illegally pass at times but it's route 9 and 24 so it's
just an average day and behavior of driver's on those routes. Idiots.

There was a yellow bonnet in the yard at Galesburg and a Cream BN one but  I
didn't get to that one in time thanks to drivers  passing by which oh well not a big
deal. Before going to Galesburg went and checked out a road I want to film the
next KJRY i nail at near Marietta. It looks like there was a siding there once and
an old relay box so maybe TP&W had a signal at one point in the area. I don't know.
I haven't bothered with these roads in this area in over a decade and never paid much
attention. North of Bushnell caught a southbound coal train with a Citirail locomotive.
On the way back from Galesburg checked out an Old boxcar  across from some park
in Farmington off where the old CB&Q R-O-W was. It's in terrible condition and half
is gone. A friend posted it in group dnd I didn't remember seeing any boxcars so asked.
He told me and I can confirm it's there. Before going home I seen a piece of machinery
the type you can be seen working at the Hitchcock scrapyard with the magnet on the
machine. I wonder if this is the first sign or related to what they're going to build next
to the KJRY tracks for rail service.  I have to wonder and hope this is a sign it's actually
going to happen.

Pictures of Galesburg:








BNSF with hoppers heading north at Oneida, Illinois:






More Galesburg:













































KJRY tracks, old relay box and siding at Marietta, Illinois off Co. Rd 34:











Old Box Car in Farmington, Illinois off the old CB&Q line:





Possible Hitchcock Scrapyard movement by the KJRY tracks in Canton...(?)




Train display in Galesburg:


What video's I do have uploaded:  ( will add rest later)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)