Local train and a very predictable dull Canton....

Okay before I tie into the city of Canton once again on it's failure to
attract anything of interest. I swear they want to keep us all fat so we
can't escape. I see how they are. Anyways I hear a train horn and see
a F unit in the distance so I go park off Second Avenue and Railroad
street hoping for some hitchcock action but no such luck. Oh well there
is always another time i'm just glad to see a train.  I film that then take
some pictures west of town. The sun and my camera seemed to not agree 
today so looks like a halo or something in the sky or i had a setting set
wrong. I also smacked my hand on the car door leaving a small cut so
my clumbsy nature knows no bounds. No big deal just found humor in it.
The  train was lead by Prex #1752 and was a good sized one clocking in 
over three minutes.

Now I heard someone confirm a Jimmy John's was going to be built in
this town. Oh for fuck sakes don't we have enough food joints to punish
our waist lines and guts? Is this all people think about in Canton is food?
Just another place for me to avoid but i rarely eat out nor interested in
doing so. They can't attract industrial jobs for the residents to have jobs
that isn't some gig at Walmart or flipping burgers. We have quite a few
burger joints, a subway, pizza joints and plenty of family resturaunts as
is. Can't they put in something to do besides shove a  bunch of food down 
our gullets. I suppose it's better than another tavern for the local drunks
to lurk so i do suppose it's better than that. I have no interest in going out 
to eat or drink. I also don't give a flying shit about antique shops or some
little shop i'll never step one foot in. Even if it was another store i go to either
Walmart or Dollar General for my needs. This town is so predictable and
boring. I wish we had museums here or something interesting here to do.
Why why why another food joint?  This is why i scoff and mock Canton.
Sigh.....



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)