KJRY Bushnell activity....

This morning I went to Peoria and  checked out Kolbe before doing so seeing
Prex #2003 with a line of cars on the main and the F's on the siding so sort of
thought to myself damn no westbound today. I just wanted to get my thing over
it I was doing so go on about my business now when I returned back around 
11:30 am the F's and the Geep was gone so figured maybe they did head east
as I seen no activity from Bartonville to Kolbe and the river bridge at Peoria 
was up. I go back to Canton and decide well I'll go all the way to Cuba and if
I don't see anything I'll go home. I go to Cuba and see them east of Cuba and
it looked like they did some switching on the side track so I take pictures there
then filmed it as it departed Cuba.  I go wait for it at Smithfield but wasnt too
interested in Smithfield shots. I wasn't really that interested in Seville either but
wanted one more  Marietta video as it passes under the highway bridge. I get that
then wanted a few more shots so go to New Philidelphia and snap a few.

After New Philidelphia was so close to Bushnell figured what the hell plus was hot
and thirsty so wanted a cold drink.  I watch as they uncouple the  locomotives from 
the rest of the train  just on the edge of Bushnell and head up track. I was curious 
so followed and explored the area. They did some  work for the ADM plant which
is near the Diamond at Bushnell. Then after that they head back pick up their load 
and carry onward. I am glad I stuck this one out despite it being hot. I have never 
caught any activity there.  Sure I've seen cars on that property but never any power
working there.  This is a time where gut instinct kicked in and I listened. Had I not
have went to Cuba I would have missed it and had I not went onto Bushnell I wouldn't
have this experience. To be fair on Bushnell it was the closest town to get a cold drink
so was thinking and guided by thirst.  I had a feeling to go to Cuba though....

Cuba shots:






Seville:
New Philidelphia:







Bushnell, Illinois: 



































The videos:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)