Military Train

After I went to Media, La Harpe and then Dallas City a friend gave me a heads
up on a Military train  that was coming down to Galesburg off the Barstow sub.
I started heading back and after a few adventures I wind up in Galesburg where 
the train was in the yard but the train was held up several hours before it left onto
the Chillicothe sub. I got  some pictures then filmed them on the Chillicothe sub as
it was heading east to leave Galesburg. I chose a shaded area because I was hot and 
it was the only shaded spot on the line i knew of. I'm greatful for that heads up and
adventure as I was bored of the same lines, same type of freight and looking for a bit
of a change. That did it and it was a first for me. IN the yard I also seen another first
a BNSF smurff.








Other Galesburg  pictures and videos:















Dallas City, Il :

Media, Illinois bridge:











In La Harpe, Illinois at the KJRY diesel shop:









Despite the heat and making sudden route changes and a race to not miss it ( turns
out i could have taken my sweet time due to delays but if i did I'd probably have ended
up missing it...Murphy's Law. I did enjoy it and it was an awesome catch and amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)