Silver streak worth the watch!

That was  totally work two hours of my time watching the movie Silver streak with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor.  I'm not even sure where to start with it.   It starts of  humorous enough without being over the top with it.  It turns into this mystery type murder flick and it ends with  quite the spetacular sight. I'm not going to spoil anything so if you haven't watched it especially if you're a railfan it is a must.

The actors had chemistry and delivered their lines well, the movie had excitment and the ending was entertaining to say the least.  A friend recommended it after I made a comment about Pryor as I thought was overrated considering I only seen him in two things one being a stand up which I wasn't impressed by.  Too be fair when my mom had me watch two Pryor things when I was around fourteen or fifthteen.  My mom rented JoJo because it filmed while she was working nearby in Peoria and had a few Peoria scenes.  The other one a stand up show of his I can't remember how she got me into watching it.   He used a racial term I will not repeat alot and cursed to the point it makes someone like me who is rather foul mouthed herself blush.  It might have been my age why I didn't care for it so whatever I guess.  This movie gave me hope that Pryor actually was funny and may give The toy with Jackie Gleason and him a chance.  I was wrong in saying he wasn't funny at all because in Silver streak he had quite a few funny lines although Wilder had the better ones.  

I'm not even going to spoil the plot or anything so just go see it.   That ending though....

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Gene Wilder-Richard Pryor pairing, 1980's "Stir Crazy," is considered a comedy classic, though I've not seen it. It was the year's third-highest grossing movie, so audiences approved. Their last outing, "See No Evil, Hear No Evil," had potential, but was poorly directed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seen those listed earlier by a friend. I'll have to give them a while. Wilder- Pryor seemed to have good chemistry so hope their other movies are decent. I think she mentioned a Wilder film to watch is Frankenstein and ofcourse Blazing Saddles. I need to rewatch Blazing since it's been over a decade but i remember it being funny. I tried watching Pryor's The toy but the plot was stupid and didnt care for what jokes there was. Pryor was fine it was a stupid movie plot that made me shut it off plus the rich kid kind of annoyed me to no end. It's a shame it's one of the last Jackie Gleason films he could have done better. Anyways thanks for the great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard Pryor is also funny in Superman III (1983), which was panned by critics, but an entertaining film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard Pryor is also funny in Superman III (1983), which was panned by critics, but an entertaining film.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline