Lucky day for trains ( Wind Turbine blade Union Pacific)

Today had to go pay  my loan payment over in Pekin and was kind of worried with
a car that's been overheating if it would make it or not. My brother n law came with
me in case it acted up and put some antifreeze into the car.  We made it but watching
the temp gauge constantly was nerve wracking.  Anyways while over there before 
paying my thing I see ditch lights down the tracks in Pekin so go to Caroline Street
to wait for it.  IMRR comes rolling by with switcher #31 heading north to the TZPR 
yard. After that just out of curiousity go to South Pekin monitoring the gauges like
a hawk. I see a sitting train facing south  near the bridge that crosses Manito Road.
It had lights on so head down to South Pekin and waited for it. It turned out to be a
Ethanol Union Pacific train. While there open the hood up so it might help cool the 
engiene down some. That train was a good eight minutes and got a friendly toot of
the horn so we leave for home thinking this was going to be the catch of the day.

A friend  sends me a message about an IAIS train that will leave East Peoria to head
north shortly around Mapleton so I turn around and go to Peoria. We watched the car
gauge close and if it acted up would abandon and go home. After entering Peoria I see
a sitting Turbine blade train sitting. I had no idea it was going to leave soon so I go find 
a spot in Peoria to wait for the IAIS. The friend who gave me a heads up also told me that
train was going to leave to cross the river soon so I go down to Krause Street and film as
well as photograph the train there.  It was a long one and I filmed seven minutes of the
wind turbine blade train then stopped to take pictures. After that go film the IAIS one
down the tracks. I can't thank my friend enough I appriciate it so much and this gave me
a variety from my usual stuff so it was an epic day. We made it back with no issues and
went to Walmart for a few things, stopped at Auto zone for antifreeze and radiator cap
and got something to eat and went home. 

Pictures and the short videos I have uploaded. I'll have to do the long trains tonight
after everyone goes to bed due to a slow internet service:








































Also it's to be noted caught a KJRY westbound yesterday and will include that and a goose
video since I'm so happy they're back. Maybe that means spring ....GOOD FINALLY!

I'm so done with this winter.

03-02-2018

I guess some of these youtube videos I'm working on social skills and talking on Camera
so some of these like the ones with abandoned lines is just practice also something fun to do.
My voice is like nails on a chalkboard i know. Haha.





This is the slideshow I made of today's pictures between Scott Smith my brother n law and mine.
He  deserves alot of credit on his pictures and I will give it happily.  Ours is seperated. Both
nailed the Turbine train and got lots of pictures.

These photo's below are Scott Smith's doing.....:)























UPDATE:  Remaining videos from yesterday:

UP Ethanol Train in South Pekin,Il :
Wind Turbine Train in Peoria (UP):
Our car:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline