The F's and two geeps plus old diamond.

A friend gave me a heads up on a westbound KJRY train that would likely
come through Canton today. It did a little later than i expected but not really
too long. I waited for a while down at First and talked to Kathy on the phone
for like an hour or so. I was going to film here because South First is where i
grew up and would run down to the tracks or ride my bike to watch trains in
the alley also known as Railroad street or ride my bike down to the Second or
Third Avenue areas and watch trains. But after noon I got impatient thinking
maybe they weren't going to run today but was more impatient because i had
to take a leak. Yeah yeah such talk for a lady I could hear my grandmother now.
Pfft.  Seriously why was my family so concerned about me being a lady? My
favorite was when Dad said i needed to dress and act more like a lady in the
break room of Intermet which was a foundry with people of all walks of life.
Manners were not a requirement there and Dad got me hired there so yeah
good luck with that. Sorry random sarcasm running in my head from people
telling me what I should or should not be. Don't mind me.

Anyways got bold enough to approach someone and make a small conversation
and for once didn't spaz out or act to embarrassing atleast i don't think anyway.
I go home to take a piss and after that hear the train horn from my apartment so
left in a hurry. I chose the area around the old signal and box  where the diamond
used to be to photograph since i wanted a picture of a train passing by it. I also
seen not far off the old Diamond which used to be in place there down the tracks
covered in weeds they left there i guess.  I remember seeing it intact still also after
BNSF disconnected their line from it. I used to walk that abandoned track to go up
town as a kid. I remember that line was sunken into the ground in spots and tracks
were in bad shape. There was also a spur that ran into the IH plant which would
burn down within the year i remember seeing the spur. I paid it little mind but now
I wish i had.  I also remember that signal always having the green light on the TP&W
line in the late 80's or early 90's. Thanks to friends and also thankful to actually see
something.

The line up include all the F's and two Gp20's : #1752-1761-1750-2040-2003.
Photo's and video: (03-21-18 Canton,Il)












Pictures of the Old diamond and area it once was plus Cook Medical with the Old IH
Whistle going off at Noon:










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Vermont to Rushville CB&Q/BN branch