Heritage in Peoria...

Yesterday took husband to Peoria to take care of his business with his
payee thing then he ended up wanting to go home so had to drive him 
all the way home then come back to take care of his business which I
did. I was annoyed.  So I come back to Peoria take care of that then leave.
Then taking Knoxville down traffic was irking me somehwat and I  head
off towards downtown  trying to go down to Washington Street. My goal
was to go see if there was anything around Darst Street or Sanger but what
I ended up catching was so much better than anything I could imagine.

I hear a horn down by the riverfront so I drive down to Water street and see it 
passing the Riverplex.  I head it off in several locations to film and photograph.
I filmed in Peoria and Chillicothe. In the lead was the 30th anniversary heritage
Iowa Interstate #516 with IAIS #152. They only headed north with two locomotives
which found it odd. I guess by what someone said they were going to pick up sand
up in Chillicothe. I wish I stuck around Chillicothe longer and explored as I left after
I filmed it passing the depot. I wanted a depot train shot. So far this is the best catch
besides KJRY's F units I have ever filmed. I'm happy and made my hectic annoying
day better.
























While over at Pioneer Parkway took a few pictures of unused Railroad track spur........


Then Prex #3069 sitting broken down and unused on the Old Rock Island Kellar Branch 
in Peoria, Illinois.                                                                                                                 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)