KJRY with 6 flats...

This morning was another train my husband alerted me of usually he could care
less about trains so surprised he even told me again. I didn't have much gas so 
rushed to catch it in or around town.  I didn't get to it in time when it was dropping
off two gondola's at hitchcock's so went to the west end of town and waited for her.
I filmed her while she was still technically in the city limits of Canton then took some
photo's up the tracks to the road that goes to the prison and college here west of town.
The line up was Prex #1752-1761-1750 & #2003 and she was carrying 6 flats which
may not be a big deal to others but i rarely see flats moving on this line so it was just
something different to stand out from the same old same old.  I have no idea if they're
going to La Harpe or just going to be dropped off at a siding somewhere. I haven't the
slightest idea. This may be the last train i film while living in my apartment I'm currently
at. After we move out by Walmart on the North end will no longer be able to hear trains
coming so unless I get a heads up in advance, make an accurate prediction when they may
run or get very very lucky it will probably be hit and miss more so with this line.

Now it's I hear it, look out the window and see cars moving across the field and go head 
it off or husband shockingly even alerts me to it. This one and the last wasn't paying much
attention and was told  a train was heard. I wish the  old CB&Q/BN line in Canton was
still active because I'd be a few blocks from that but the tracks were removed in 2017
and the line abandoned ages ago.  















Flat Cars ( 6 of them):




Misc freight & cars...






Gondola's at the siding Hitchcock loads cars...



Youtube video filmed in Canton,Illinois:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)