A good train day

Yesterday started off awkward paid bills, did laundry, and got a tire on the
car replaced. Apparently not only did Flynn's Auto sell us a bad rotted tire 
but a bent rim too.  I guess according to others i was talking too while we
were all waiting for our vehicles to be worked on Flynn's has a very bad
reputation so lesson learned. I was going to put down cash and go to a
saloon to have my hair washed properly instead of the shower cap thing
i have to buy at Graham medical because i can't get water in the trach at
all.  Hopefully they can tilt my head back and cover it up.  I also want to
dye my hair black to cover all my grey hairs.  I'm 36 and have alot of greys.
Ugh.  I'll do that later today. At Farm King we got the tire fixed but the
awkward moment came when I ran into an ex boyfriend that works there.
We caught up but it was sort of awkward.  Explaining the trach and why
I have it was fun. Explaining my health was fun.  LOL.  Not!

Explaining why I don't work is fun also and embarrassing. I used to
work nothing but foundries and warehouses and my breathing issues
would prevent that.  I'd have to take a heavy suction machine in case
i got a mucus plug, I'd have to walk off the floor to go suction, if the
air is dirty like some foundries and warehouses are known for then I
may have issues with the trach. I'd have to bring cleaning kits, the suction
machine and pretty much the whole works for Trach care.  Yeah right
i'm sure someone wants to deal with that.  Then there's the mental issues
and anxiety crap. Who cares.  I try to explain the trach the best I could.
It's a pain in the butt and if water gets in it you're screwed and going to
be coughing alot. Brownie points if you cough out blood all over or a mucus
plug flies out.  Fun times that....Ha!

Now about trains and what made the day good I go to Pekin to pay my
bill then run into two CN locomotives sitting in Pekin. I look on the FB 
groups and see the UP brought down some Grain cars.  A friend 
mentioned the UP brought some down for CN to pick up. CN does this
after getting permission to go.  Then they haul the load out of Pekin
which I filmed an 8 minute video.  Then a friend mentioned a BNSF
M-GALPEI train in Peoria off Darst. I start to head there then see 
KJRY heading back to Kolbe so turned around and intercepted at
Wheeler road where I film them.  I then head off to Peoria.

In Peoria see my friend and to test my social skills made the first step
in conversation and approaching which before counsoling probably be
more nervous to do. Since I seen that person a few times out railfanning
I wasn't too nervous.  I just tried to watch my filthy mouth.  It needs
washed out with soap btw...where's Dad when I need him? Bahahaha.
Sorry David used you as a guinea pig to test out my social interaction.
I'm weird so my bad. Counsoling gave me a goal to try to approach
social situations so been working on that. Anyways film the BNSF
M-GALPEI then another locomotive with TZPR crew comes by so
train wise it was a good day even if two of them i caught by accident.
Other words I wasn't expecting tham and came across them. It was
fun I just hope I didn't spaz out on the friend too much. Ugh. Oh
well. I'm not that worried about it.  I try to joke about it because my
weirdness can be funny and interactions with folks can be funny.

After that I go to TZPR yard which had nothing going on but i'd
check before going home in case of IAIS.  I didn't see anything so
hung around the Wesley Road gangsta geese for a few minutes.
They're Canada Geese by the way and the gangsta geese part is a
joke.  I suck at jokes but it's funny to me so whatever. I sit by the 
Illinois River too hoping for some barge action.  I like barges too 
on top of trains.  Probably because mom and me would watch them 
at the riverfront before we went and picked up Dad in the 1990's at
Wagner's Casting in Havana. Then when I got hired after it became
Intermet Havana Foundry would sit before work at the riverfront
and watch barges for a few minutes. It was fun on third shift and
at night.  It was peaceful and calm before the storm before you go
deal with hot dirty foundry conditions for  8-12 hours. Still I have
some good memories there and miss some of the people and my
friend Marcia who was the other core setter and we'd hang out
all the time on breaks and during shift. God I miss some of that
and being part of the work force. Every pkace i worked I made 
atleast one friend we'd hang out with.  I once had some social
skills just need to rebuild them again and be confident. I miss
sitting out at night with Marcia looking at the stars or we'd be
outside watching a coal train going to the power plant slowly
creep on by. We tried counting the cars one time but got
distracted so lost count. I don't miss Intermet the foundry
itself but it made my relationship with Dad better and we came to
a mutual understanding of each other and what we were 
going through.  Intermet did some good. Okay I went on
about that enough.

When I left to go home and drove by Kolbe the KJRY train
was parked ready for it's next westbound.  The line up is
all geeps #2035-#1611-#2032-#2003.  There is that to look
forward too next week. The F's are at La Harpe and will be 
there until the Santa Train thing.

Video's:  ( will add CN one once it's done uploading)



Pictures:

KJRY:


















CN in Pekin:











Old abandoned tracks at some old building in Pekin:






Wesley Road Gangsta Geese  ( plotting to take over the world):





Bridge in Peoria the railroads cross over the Illinois River:

(Picture of the BNSF train we filmed):






I'm going to be brave but when I speak of a tracheostomey the tube in my throat
for breathing and to widen airway is what i'm talking about. From time to time
they do surgeries to clear blockage of tissue from my throat as well as shove a
camera down it to see if anything worry some is going on.  Those leave you with
difficulty talking and very sore for up to atleast a week and a half.  Atleast alive
so whatever. :)



CN in Pekin Yesterday after it picked up Grain cars the UP brought down:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)