Return of the F's and some old R-O-W's!

Despite not feeling good and being slightly grumpy I went out for a little 
fun to work on social anxiety skills sort of , filmed a little history and 
locations, explored a little bit and pretty much killed multiple birds with
one stone.  What can I say those birds were delicious?  I filmed a little video
around the Old Norris Coal mine west of Norris, the CB&Q-BN-BNSF
Row at Norris itself then go up to Farmington to film at the old trestle 
for the Q-BN-BNSF also where the M&STL/C&NW passed under.  I
wish I was around when trains were still active on either but it's not 
meant to be. This is fun for me plus Canton is dull and talking to myself
on camera seemed like better company than I have at home so I went out.

It was worth frozen hands and it didn't take long to freeze either thankfully
for me i have enough padding to prevent hyperthermia a little longer so I
didn't care in the slightest. When I got home and after i ran an errand or two
seen a heads up about the F units making their way east on the KJRY line.
They're coming back to Kolbe from La Harpe so I go film that.  I didn't have
to go far I heard the horn as i was waiting on traffic at Oak and 5th so went 
and parked off 5th and nailed her there.  I usually photograph first then film
later but considering it was about time to start getting dark I swapped it
around. I filmed off 5th then shot around town off route 9 to come around
to catch it on the east end.  Success. That made my day and made feeling like
crap worth it.

The annual Santa Train event I'll drop the date and schedule:

Sat, Dec 9th starting in Mapleton and finishing in Smithfield,Illinois.

Mapleton : ( Walnut Street arrival time 8:30 am)
Glasford: ( Oak STreet Park, arrival 9:30am)
Breeds: (County Road 23 arrival 11:20 am)
Canton: (2nd Avenue arrival 1:30pm)
Cuba: (3rd street, arrival 3:45 pm)
Smithfield:  (main drag, 5:15 pm)

Hope there's a good turn out and look forward to it as well as get time away
for myself from stress.  I just hope to feel better by then.  I'm going reguardless
unless car craps out between now and then. I hope it doesn't snow.  I also wish
the 50's weather held out but oh well it is what it is and it's December in Illinois.

   









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)