Fanning on a frigid day!

Thanks for my cousin helping out for the holidays was able to fill up the
gas tank and was allowed one trip to get out of the apartment before I went
ape shit.  Seriously this weather and season I hate it I'm indoors more because
it's so cold. We got the car running and thought it'd be a good idea to drive it
for a while so I went railfanning. I was aiming for Iowa Interstate but didn't
luck out there.  You win some you lose some so not too upset about it.  That
line and TP&W I have the  worst luck. IAIS I've had better luck due to a friend
giving a heads up or in a group.  TP&W I'm never over there the same time they 
are hence why no luck with them.  I will one day though even if I have to drive
east to Indiana.  I guess in the Spring I go to Monticello to the museum I can 
follow Route 24 out for a ways and hope i get lucky.

Anyways I go to Peoria and see KJRY sitting around Bridge Junction so I 
find a spot to park ( probably shouldn't have there I would have moved if asked)
and KJRY was waiting for permission to cross the bridge.  They do so I film that
before taking off to check out Wesley road where it was dead by the yard but 
further down I catch  TZPR #1521 backing cars up and they might have been
dealing with ADM.  I wasn't paying to much attention to them or stayed long.
I wasn't too interested in TZPR today worrying about if I'll miss an IAIS if I
lurked.  I know IAIS goes to the yard but i meant miss them in ideal locations
I want to film. It wasn't meant to be so whatever now. Haha.

I go to Chillicothe keeping a good eye on the IAIS line the entire way up and seen
nothing so go railfan on a sure bet the Chillicothe BNSF sub. I get quite a few
trains.  The best BNSF train had a B unit and at the end a transfer caboose so I
consider that a better catch than a IAIS one since I rarely see either.  I see a B
unit on KJRY all the time but never seen one on a BNSF train so that was epic.
I've run across transer cabooses three or four times so it's always cool to see one.
This made it worth it but catching KJRY at Bridge Junction was the real highlight.
On a funnier note the people on Route 24 never fail to amaze me on their wonderful
driving skills speeding and playing chicken head on with other cars passing people and
at night too. LOL. Idiots. I go exactly around the speed limit at night because of Deer
but do other people care....NOOOO I'm just some slow annoying driver. Bahahaha.

I must also add on KJRY that Prex #7002 was taken to Kolbe today.  I missed that
but seen it sitting there when i checked Kolbe out to see if there was a westbound
parked for their next trip.  There was not so I don't guess one will be happening
tomorrow.  The locomotives were all idling and seen people out and about so I'm 
guessing they arrived there not too long before i did or atleast an hour or so and 
they were finishing up with whatever.  All and all despite it being  the single digits 
to teens for a high it was worth it.  The car protected me from most of the cold. 
After each train i'd go warm up a bit in the car so my numb hands and fingers
would stop shaking.  It was worth it.  :)

Videos:


Photo's:

KJRY: ( Bridge Junction, Peoria, Il)











TZPR ( Wesley Road, Creve Coure,Il):








BNSF ( Benedict crossing, Chillicothe, Illinois)










Skyline ( Just because i liked the color of the sky & clouds, Chillicothe, Il):

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)