A stranger's kindness and a jump start!

A single act of kindness can make someones day or week sometimes
and sometimes it pays to take a leap of faith as well. I guess someone
left the dome light on in the car and it drained the battery but to be
fair that battery could use a replacing anyway and on the bucket list
of things to get to fix her up. Anyways I tried asking around to family
with no luck but it was morning too and a friend in Trivoli said he 
couldn't til maybe later that night and even then it wasn't guarenteed.
I only asked him since he knows people in Canton and to ask around.
I take a leap of faith and post on one of those Fulton County free sites
but wasn't expecting it or a quick response because those groups can be
hit or miss on ads.  I wanted a quick solution without having to wait 
hours or even days for help.  It's a struggle when you don't know people
and  can be frustrating when something like this happens.  I got bold so
posted that and got a response within a half hour.


So this Ashwood Guy offers and comes out within twenty minutes and 
gives us a quick jump start.  I couldn't be more greatful. I can't believe
I did this but actually said a prayer if there is a god please let this be a 
quick jump start.  I say that because that car can be tempermental and
stubborn to jump sometimes because finding a good connection can be
a pain. I had Scott  open the hood.  The lever to pop the hood is broken
and he has to use plyers to prop it open.  How the people who sold us 
the car broke that I haven't a clue....lol.  Scott uses the plyers on the wires
or whatever and I smack the hood to pop it open. This car has several 
things you have to use tricks on because it's old as hell and well used. 
The guy comes jump starts it and it only takes three to four minutes 
to get going.  The last few times it's taken five to fifteen depending on
how difficult the car and the connection wanted to be.  She's a stubborn
one like me.  Probably why i like the car.  Okay I'm not that stubborn but
I do like it despite it being old as molasses.  Still she's no where as old as me.

I literally couldn't thank this guy enough for coming out and the quick
response.  I didn't think strangers would do that over social media. If I
had a few bucks I would have gave him some for the trouble paying Geico
wiped  me out. This was a pleasant surprise and stuff like this makes me want
to cry because things is such a struggle for me or finding help. No one can 
even begin to understand. I thanked him and wished each other a Merry
Christmas. If I can return the favor to anyone I will or atleast give someone
a ride since i'm an idiot when it comes to cars.  I know Batteries have a positive
and negative charge but that's about it.  There is a reminder here and there
that there are still decent people out there despite the negativity in the world
and others who aren't so into helping someone down and out.  In their defense
there are crazy people out there that could hurt people so I understand 
people's reluctance but it's frustrating when you're at the other end and can't
get any assistance hence why I want to cry sometimes because i've been on that
end of the stick and left hanging. It's not fun.

This is another reason I tell Shaun from time to time it doesn't pay to be anti 
social or rude to people. People are social creatures and from time to time you
need others for help and pays to be polite as well as helpful in return. He doesn't
want to socialize, leave the apartment and  hates I try to socialize and put myself
out there more. He doesn't want me going to Church because the idea of a god
offends him apparently.  I don't know if there is a god but I can't rule it out.  
I did beat death 3 times in 36 years twice in 2011 alone which is pretty recent.
My Dad's quick thinking and knowledge of CPR saved my butt in 1990 when 
i stopped breathing. I didn't know he was Santa at the time so at that time I 
thought Santa saved my life and called into WBYS Radio when he was playing 
Santa on it's program to thank him.  The next year I found out he was Santa 
and I was like oh....so Dad saved my life. The first days at the hospital and I was
in an Oxygen tent I don't think Dad left at all other than maybe to grab hospital
food and to use the bathroom.  He didn't go home and slept in a chair next to me.
I remember that much.  2011 it'd take months before i got memory back on some
stuff. I was in a medical induced coma for the first month of the sixth month hell
2011 would end up. I say that because i was in the hospital and a nursing home
that long and stuck inside for recovery and physical therapy.  Church wise it'd be
nice to make friends and get active in the community than be a shut in hermit.
Yeah i'm afraid of people and socializing but i'm more afraid of being alone and
also tired of living a life no one knows I exist. I get alot of crap for trying to change
and the thing is it's for the better too.  It pays to be nice.  I could probably do 
better on patience with people sometimes i guess but some do make my skin crawl 
so it's hard to accomplish at times.  I try.  It's how I feel and some goals to work
on.  I get crap for going to counsoling and told to stop too but why would i stop
going to some place where people are nice to me and help me.  You're suppose to
work to move in a positive direction.  I have my hang ups due to alot of anxiety
and fear so overcoming that has kind of been challenging. If there is a god am I
getting a kick in the butt to get moving or just so fed up I'm making more goals.
I don't know. I know i'm not dead i guess take that into consideration. Kindness
is out there and I need to stop forgetting that as do many others.  I couldn't be
more thankful for that jump start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)