Four days and trains....

Okay this blog will be a very long one and covers four days so I'll try 
to be brief in each section. A friend recently gave me a camera which is  
100 times better than my last one but the latch for the batteries takes some 
pressure and my right hand is very sore especially the thumb. I suppose it's
better use for this hand than flipping someone off but i digress.  If I get silly
and weird with sarcastic humor it's just who I am. I  will start watching the
profanities because for a woman it's certainly reeks class. It works well if I
was still working at the foundry but not so much in social gatherings. 

Yesterday April 6, 2018 went to my Aunt Gladys for lunch and to catch up
since it's been years since I really talked with her. I'm on good terms with her
now after i thought for years I was the black sheep of the family. She said I
wasn't so my Paranoia and depression got the best of me. My half sisters and 
I on the other hand aren't as chummy st the moment. I admit my feelings and 
big mouth probably ruined that but whatever.  I tried  to make amends but they
also have lives, children and grandchildren. I guess my neice has kids now. Alot 
of my cousins have kids. So everyone but me has children. I don't care because
I'd rather not pass along my bipolar bull shit and other genetic issues which is
my main reason for not plus finances and pretty sure my reproductive organs
don't really work so probably infertile. In twenty years from losing my virginity
never dealt with a pregnancy so something wrong with me. Maybe that's god's
way of keeping an idiot from breeding. Natural selection. Either way I agree with
it. If I can barely deal with Shaun imagine a screaming kid on tow then again a
child wouldn't be as obnoxious and probably be more mature and less possessed
so that says alot right there. I'm not mother material so not too upset but man
everyone got old and I remember some of these kids when they were babies and
kids. I'm old as hell now...when did this happen? Ugh.

I guess Aunt Gladys and Uncle Jim's property was old railroad property at one
time. They bought the house in 1965 in Dunfermline, Illinois and she said the depot
there and tracks were long gone. In 1912 & 1916 maps it shows a spur track running
down to a mine in that town. I guess she said that Dunfermline closed the mine down
after it kept flooding the town. She mentioned Intururban also which if the case shut
down in 1928 or something like that. It started Operation in the early to mid 1900's
decade so the time line and tracks fit that but it also fits the 19-12 & 1916 map thing.
So track could have been used for both. If there was a depot then probably Interurban
that the tracks might have served also for the mine which would have been a little 
down the tracks. I have no idea what railroad maybe CB&Q as United Electric Coal
wasn't a thing then I don't think. The spur came off the Q Yates City sub line so that
makes sense. Next time might ask about Dad's mine if she knows anything about it.

After that didn't want to go home so was deciding what direction to go my first thought
was Havana but the odds at catching IMRR was probably not good or a coal train.
I seen a friend's head up for IAIS PESI in the Peoria area so opted to go there instead.
I seen a KJRY train off Darst Street heading to Kolbe but was more interested in the
IAIS. I chased KJRY twice this week one to La Harpe and back so I had my KJRY
fix. No offense to them I love the railroad but I rarely catch IAIS and even better all
of the Locomotives was IAIS. A Gevo & geeps i think. I did end up filming and taking
some decent shots thanks to my friends camera but the wind made it so cold my hands
especially right were numb and fingers so messed up the crossing the River and a few
other ones. I didn't wear a coat since was annoyed by someone I live with that morning
and just left to avoid a fight which is the better option than feeding into it running my
mouth making it worse. I'd rather be left alone and stay quiet which is hard to do at 
home. The friend helped me out and made sure I warmed up so very greatful  and 
shows the world isn't such a rotten place and there are decent folk. I'm cynical what
can I say but hardship and disappointment kind of just turned me that way over many
decades so I sort of forget not everyone's a jerk out to hurt me. My Aunt also did  a
very nice deed I didn't even ask or would have ever asked so shocked and very very
appriciative. It shows people care which I never thought was possible. I'm used to
protecting myself and Dad sort of taught me the only one to look after you was you
and fight your own battles. I guess he had a point  and was raised that way so he was
set in his ways but it also taught me to take no crap attitude but also inherited his
stubborn nature hence  why I railfanned in the cold. 

It probably wasn't my brightest ides considering the wind and being cold and having
a trach.  I do know I can't let that trach destroy me or i'd never leave the apartment.
The only thing to fear is fear itself quoted by  one of my favorite presidents of the US
FDR. This is true alot of things that hold me back is fear and anxiety then other times
fearless and abrasive. The wind hit my lungs and pain shot down as well as shivering 
and took my breath away. My stubborn nature isn't my only flaw but not getting into
that here. I filmed and caught the IAIS PESI and went as far as Chillicothe. Only one
video made it since my finger kept giving me issues and couldn't keep a grip on the 
latch. In a warmer day the other day it didn't cause as much issues. I hate the cold.
Here I thought it was spring jokes on me and jokes on everyone. Mother nature has
other plans...FAIL!

Here is the Pictures and video of IAIS PESI in multiple locations: 04-06-2018



































The next batch will upload in a bit is my chase of the KJRY on 04-05-18:





I will post some pictures of that chase in a bit I went to La Harpe to the diesel
shop to ending up chasing a Eastbound which figured wouldn't be that day.
Well surprise to me!

KJRY Diesel shop in La Harpe, Illinois: (04-05-2018):






























KJRY chase 04-05-18:





















































On April 4th, 2018 went up to Galesburg and railfanned there. I will post the
pictures of the Galesburg BNSF yard first. There was a Ferromex, KCSM and
and a BN locomotive coupled to each other and a BNSF unit. This was the highlight
of the trip. I never seen a Ferromex in person before.





































Pictures of BNSF and rail cars in Galesburg & East Galesburg..04-04-2018:































A BNSF train in Bushnell, Illinois and an Amtrak train with a Charger...4-4-18:










On April 3, 2018 went to Peoria and fanned a little bit after paying my monthly
payment in Pekin. My friend gave me a camera which takes pictures 100 times better
than my cheapie walmart camera. Much Thanks. Here is my catches including a UP
train, KJRY, BNSF and went to several towns including Peoria, Pekin, Chillicothe,
Edelstein, Princeville and Monica. I enjoy the Chillicothe sub as it's very active and
easy pickings.






















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.