Hitchcock-KJRY action....

Someone in the Peoria facebook railroad group posted a picture of KJRY
with the F's in the lead tied up at Mapleton (Kolbe) preparing to depart west.
So once he posted a picture of it departing Mapleton I go sit at Rawalts which
is east of Canton and an old train stop of the TP&W which has a siding the KJRY
uses for storing cars. There was other railfans there which i rarely see any unless
something was going on or just some stray random railfan but there was like four
of them. Here i thought was going to have this spot to myself....nope. I don't care it's
actually a welcomed change. The last two cars were gondola's so the thought popped
in my head if they were going to be dropped off at the siding off Second Avenue in
Canton so Hitchcock Scrapyard will load them so KJ can pick up on another day.
I drive back into town and make the decision to stop at Second and good thing I did.
They passed then slowed then stopped and the conductor switched  the track so the
train backed in and dropped the two gondola's off the proceeded to carry on with the
westbound run.  I film the train dropping off the cars then head off to the western edge 
of Canton and took some photo's.  I had planned to just film at Rawalts and take some
pictures around Canton before going back home. I ended up filming the Hitchcock 
drop off so I was pleased. There's one thing to knock off the old bucket list. Now to 
film one actually picking the cars up. I hope someone gives a heads up on their next
return trip.  I did film one a while back that had cars they had picked up. Now to
watch this area for Hitchcock bringing in scrap from trucks to load onto the car.






















Rawalts Video:






KJRY dropping off the Gondola's on a siding in Canton:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline