Another great bites the dust.

This is just an opinion so if you're not a Linkin Park fan this probably wouldn't effect  you much. Reguardless a human being struggling took their own life. While I do think going down that path hurts others I also know this struggle because I have been down the path where the depression or problems were so much just wanted the pain to stop by any means.  I do not promote it but I understand having those feelings.  This morning someone according to reports found that the lead singer Chester Bennington hung himself taking his own life. Why is this  important to me? Well   Linkin Park's music has helped me cope with my own demons  quite a few times and I used to love to jam to them before or after work.  I mean I listened to them alot and not just because of the musical aspect of it but the lyrics of the songs.  I tend to listen to music I can personally relate to by listening to lyrics or just feel to the sound.  I'm probably not the only one that takes music to a personal and emotional level.  My husband   makes fun of me for some of the stuff i listen too and says some of it's depressing.  Maybe to him but to me it helps me cope with my battles with depression or if i'm struggling hard and need just something to help me somehow.  Linkin Park is one of those bands who did  that and another one worth mentioning is Three Doors Down.  I pretty much grew up in my late teens to mid  twenties with both bands as well as others.  It's a coping mechanism and they  also had good music atleast to me so it stuck.  There is good memories and some not so good when you're at the brink of something  in your head.

Everyone has had a singer or band they have connected with on a personal emotional level and the passing of the singer or band members leave an impact on their lives.  Some people were overwhelmed by the death of John Lennon and George Harrison, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Kurt Cobain ( Nirvana) and the list can go on and on.  They remember the good times of listening to their music that made them happy or helped them cope whatever hard times.  That's the thing about music it can make you happy, sad or help you cope over despair.  It can also help with the grieving process of losing a loved one ( god knows I know that one all too well).  This is why I love music because it helps in more than one way.  Linkin Park started having  noteable hits on the airwaves when I was around eighteen or nineteen and would listen to them before and after work.  I also drank to their songs and had fun listening to them.  That probably isn't a good example but at the time it was fun especially if part of you was drinking just to numb mental anguish.  I also do not promote numbing pain with more pain.  It might feel good for a time then when it spirals out of control and becomes problematic then not so much. Lesson learned moved on so I don't recommend it.  If people feel so depressed then seek mental health treatment with therapy.  I know this from experience from lots of idiotic mistakes and ofcourse hitting that rock bottom that gives you that kick in the rear to make a change. I'm still no where to perfect and still flawed as hell but atleast no where what I was so treatment does help.  It just takes alot of time.  I'll shut up about my issues just want it known for anyone else struggling to seek help and not end  up  making a decision like Chester or anyone else that suffers that you can never undo.  Once the deed is done it's done there is no turning back or another day to wake up and try another day. I am by all means not trying to be disrespectful but once you die  it's the truth that's it you cannot bounce back from it.  He has my sympathy and I am saddened by the loss.  I loved  his songs and his voice.  My parents probably didn't when i'd blast  Linkin Park songs on my CD player. Haha.

I had such fun times listening to Linkin Park and even the  downer times they helped me cope with whatever was going on in my head.  The songs "Numb" and "In the End" were particular ones I'd listen to if depressed or at the brink myself.  Sometimes you'd just sit there thinking while listening or  a few times ( ugh I hate admitting to crying it happens though) end up  in tears.  There is no shame in crying by the way but I was raised to suck it up pretty much so crying for me is a really rare event.  I handle pain other ways usually music, video games, or even railfanning.  Hobbies help keep mind focused on something else and get your mind of  stuff or gets you away from reality a little bit just to think things out.  Some songs I do have to avoid because it will strike a nerve and some movies. I might not always cry but i'll feel terrible inside.  This being connected with my Dad's passing and having such a psychilogical impact on my life that it sort of spills out on a few songs or movies. This is how  music and movies can have impacts sometimes other than a few minutes or hours of entertainment.  It can help others cope or grieve or it can leave you feeling terrible.  The movies I avoid are Terms of Endearment ( the ending), Casper (the ending),
and Ghost ( Once again you guessed it the ending) all good movies but the  last five or ten minutes I cannot emotionally deal with.  Somehow music I can handle better.  I guess it's because you're not literally seeing death visually.  My own mortality doesn't frighten me...god no...my Dad's death I have so much confliction,grief and guilt from I tend to avoid certain stuff.  Linkin Park's songs helped me even with that a few times when down even after Cancer took him. It's hard to explain a connection you have with bands, musicians and songs.  It's not like a personal creepy connection with them.  It's like you can relate and connect to the lyrics and sounds of their songs and something you become so numb or it helps prevent you from becoming it.  RIP Chester Bennington of Linkin Park you had a great voice and some great songs. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline