Good day despite my foolishness....yeah I'm a clutz!

Well this has been a rewarding day as well as a painful one and a lesson has been taught....pay attention and don't be a clutz.  You'd think i'd learn but noooo I do things the hard way.  Anyways oh well i'll get to that.  I started off thinking  I haven't heard KJRY in Canton for a while so thought i'd go follow the line out to atleast Good Hope.  I did and nothing but cars at Good Hope. La Harpe was only like twenty miles away so i figured what the hell so I go.  At the KJRY Diesel shop sits a bunch of locomotives used for parts some of them.  Anyways I only see one F Unit #1750 which usually leads the trains that go through Canton.  I wonder what the deal is.  I heard it had issues but no idea just what someone said so no idea. I didn't see her sister #1752 or the B unit #1761 or  the GP20 #2003 so figured they're back at Kolbe and i just didn't hear them or pay attention.  I notice Dallas City is only 20 miles so I go there for a while and park.  I film one train having walked up to the crossing.  After that i  was walking back to my car looking at the video i just took then shutting the camera off. I stumble into a big hole  then trip falling onto the ground twisting both ankles.  The left is the worst of the two.  It's very painful as is the side of my left leg. On the way home it was numb as well as hurt so drove 80 or 90 miles home.  I'm debating going to the ER if it gets too bad incase I fractured something.  You'd think if i did or broke something i wouldn't be able to walk period.  A elderly woman helped me and offered to call an ambulance. I declined and helped me up making sure i got in the car.  I did.  I sat there for a while relaxing my left leg and foot for a while.  Two BNSF trains come by.  The first one I filmed at the crossing had one CSX power.  The two I filmed in the car one had two War bonnets and the other just BNSF locomotives in their colors.

After Dallas City I went and sat at Niota a small town across the Mississippi River from Fort Madison, Iowa.  I filmed an Amtrak train there  #184 &  #60 and looked like it had two private cars. I have no idea where it's going....California, the Southwest (?).  I also photograph a bnsf at Niota then filmed a BNSF coming from Iowa.  I go to Iowa.  I had to wait on a barge so the bridge was backed up.  I was the third car in the line so I seen how the bridge swung.  My mom hates that bridge like she hated the Old Pekin bridge.  I'm like meh it's just a bridge. A Narrow one but still I don't care. lol.  I filmed  three trains in Fort Madison before it got dark.  I seen one train with a Citirail locomotive leading I snapped a picture from my car. I had idiots behind me so couldn't turn around plus traffic in the other lanes so atleast I got the photo of it so whatever.  Afterwards I go home and limp back to the apartment.  I got my butt chewed for getting home at ten at night. Apparently I;m a child with a curfew.  Um I'll be 36 this month i'm capable of being out late. I'm filming trains why do you care?  haha.  An hour was wasted trying to get the pain in my left leg and ankle to ease up.  He was worried about the car maybe or about me I dont know.  I'm like the Car's fine my left foot not so much but i kept my smart ass comment to myself.  Despite the pain and getting into an arguement at home. Oh well it was still fun and worth it.  :) <3 


















































Aftermath of fall and twisting of foot:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline