KJRY day

Despite hot, muggy and hazy weather I heard KJRY this morning and knew they would come either today or tommorrow as I seen them tied down around Mapleton facing west. This morning here then post a quick heads up on my cell and head out to go to atleast Bushnell.  I went out to Good Hope. I took pictures at Cuba, Smithfield and Seville.  I wanted to get better photographs  of them crossing the Spoon River at Seville as the last time i took actual photographs was with my old camera. Pity today the sun was giving me issues and it was hazy.  After that go film them at New Philedelphia, Bushnell  but my first one was at Civer ( old town marked by a sign that no longer exists west of Canton) in Illinois.  When I get to Bushnell I wait a bit for KJRY to catch up and film a passing Amtrak train locomotive #55 heading towards Macomb. I did go to Good Hope but sat there a while and it got too hot turns of KJRY was sitting on the edge of Bushnell so they might have been a while. I'm just glad i captured them at the diamond in Bushnell.  I want to film there and next time I'll take photographs. On the way back catch a BNSF freight train heading south. I went home afterwards since i had to have the vehicle back by two o'clock pulled back into town (Canton) at one o'clock.

Back to Civer with a brief note.  It was a small town with a Post Office,merchant, train stop and had a few houses.  It existed from 1869 -1906 but being so close to Canton and Cuba about seven miles away it never grew and it dwindled to nothing. There was a cemetery  nearby but due to coal mining in the area the mine had the bodies, ect moved to Shield's Chapel Cemetery a few miles away near the current Spoon River College in Buckheart Township.  I had fun despite being so muggy and sweating my butt off.  My hair was soaked and so was shirt probably looked like a hot mess can only imagine how hot the engineer was.  The F unit's lead door was open so imagine no cooling system and it's very hot in there.



























Yesterday Introduced my brother n law to Chillicothe sub at Chillicothe, Illinois we only caught two then got hot and left. Pictures and  video taken July 25,2017.  Some are of BNSF with  one NS power with a car full of Ballast in Chillicothe.  Another is the diesel shop at the TZPR yard in Creve Coure. Then the last if of the KJRY train I seen today facing west tied up around Mapleton ready for the next morning.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.