Bloomington - Monticello

Yesterday was fun despite rain and me getting lost for a short time and ended up taking Route 57 up through Champaign.   I left Canton around 5:30 am so I could try to catch a NS train in East Peoria before it departed for Bloomington.  Needless to say it left so I left for Bloomington taking Route 150 over. I get to Bloomington and check all the tracks out before settling on Washington Street for a while to film trains.  I caught three Amtrak and one Union Pacific. I wanted to catch different power and the UP had Up,NS and CSX power so my wish was granted.  I didn't stick around for NS in the afternoon due to  pressed on time for wanting to do other things and travel time.  I checked out The Nickle Plate  and Southern Pacific display at Miller Park as well which had no idea was there.  Thanks to a friend on letting me know about that and  what to expect in Bloomington.  I probably came off as a pest.  I tried not to be.  Ha.

After Bloomington went  east over to Gibson City to see if the Bloomer line was operating.  All i seen was a locomotive parked by the Grain elevator and cars parked down track.  I'm just happy to get to see them I don't even care if it wasn't working.  After that I go down to Monticello and go to the Wabash depot before going to the Monticello Railway Museum which is an awesome place by the looks of it.  It would have to start pouring when i was walking around exploring so ended up very wet and cold after that.  It was totally worth it though so tried to take good humor in it.  I was in a good silly great mood anyway I didn't really care.  Sure it was a pain.  My car at the moment  has no AC nor does it have heat or defroster working so that was fun on the way back.  I view it as a challenge so it's all good. I kind of wished someone went with me though it got very lonley at times on the road. I couldn't finagle any of the folks I live with to go so whatever. It's still good. The car don't have a working radio either so if it did I probably would have been listening to music and not really think about wanting to talk.  Yesterday I really wanted to be socialible and talkative to people.  It's not often I feel that way. I'm usually more anti social. Who cares back to the trains....

In Monticello seen their equipment and even seen a moving train. I loved the little Wig Wag on a crossing. I seen thier CN FPA4 # 6789.  I'll admit not crazy about the design of that locomotive compared to my beloved FP9A's on the KJRY line. It was still awesome to see.  I was kind of surprised it's a F unit because i was thinking is this some kind of E unit.  I had no clue til i got home.  After i left Monticello ended up on Route 36 and ended up in Tuscola.  I asked directions when I gassed up there and took 57 back.  I took I-74 home and got back around 9 pm. All in all a good day.  I enjoyed it depite the lonliness, rain and my silly dumb mistakes of getting lost and forgetting to close the gas tank door.  I didn't notice it til i got to a rest area  off I-74 east of Peoria.  Ooops!

Pictures of Monticello & Monticello Railway Museum:



















Bloomer Line: (Gibson City, Il):







Nickle Plate & Southern Pacific Caboose ( Bloomington, Il) :







NS Locomotives and Railroad tracks in Bloomington,Illinois:













Old Depot in Bloomington,Illinois: 



Rainbow, beautiful sky line and sunset:






Videos I filmed and uploaded to youtube:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)