Canton Progress? Could it be?

According to The Fulton Democrat an area newspaper, a friend on one of the railroad groups and someone who brought up the subject apparently The Scrap yard south of Canton has reached a deal where they will be able to use rail service from the siding south of the IH Plant grounds.  For Canton this is progress.  To some small but if you live in this town it's big deal. I'm not sure how many jobs it would add or the whole details on how they are going to go about this but if they do it shows me the town and it's new mayor is willing to be more open minded towards railroads atleast the railroad here which is Keokuk Junction Railway. I wondered a while back if there was going to be anything else put in place on the Old International Harvester property besides Cook medical. If this happens then it will take up the south end.

I wonder why Cook Medical never  wanted rail service or kept an open mind about that. The city before this new mayor seemed dead set on removing crossings in several locations at one point.  BNSF ultimately went ahead and had a contractor pull the tracks to be sold for scrap. Oh well you can't change that but we can however look ahead to the future. I know I'll be watching this particular area from now on whenever i go out. This pleases me providing if it happens.  I'm sort of the I'll believe it when I see it person thanks to Canton's previously poor decisions but if it makes a newspaper and the Mayor comes out and makes a statement then there must be something really in the works instead of just  rumors.

Now if we as a community could just get that Interstate 336 put into action.....(thinking ahead Jan thinking ahead).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)