Bucket list decision

I'm debating marking some more off my bucket list withing this next month or the one after. 
A change of cities and scenery will do me good and probably deal with alone most likely so I can clear my head.  Anyhow i'm sort of got my eyes on Quincy and Hannibal as well as Beardstown and Jacksonville.  In Quincy I'd love to nail the Burlington Junction Railway then go to Hannibal not just for  the railroads but some of the Mark Twain Sites Dad used to take us too and they have a rocking view off the River from a cliff up there as well as the cave. Since I like the RMS Titanic history there is also a birth home of Molly Brown there we went too in the late 1990's. It wouldn't be just railfanning  if I go to Hannibal.  That is why I'll go alone so I can tackle various things. Hannibal debating on spring though alot of outdoor walking and it depends on the temperatures. I hate cold.  It's a beautiful city though and I miss it down there.

I know one of these days I'll do Lincoln and Springfield again and i really should do that and bump that up some since my grandparents on my mother's side is buried at Camp Butler National Cemetery and haven't visited in years at the graves. There is also  other things in Springfield I want to check out unrelated to railroad.  The next Bloomington trip making it a point to go to the Zoo. I only had so much cash last trip there so didn't go then but wanted which is cool because it gives me an excuse to go back.  The Quad Cities may or may not do again soon. I'm debating on that one and may wait til spring. This all depends on financial,
vehicle and weather situation ofcourse.  I'm just thinking ahead....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)