Hitting the Railfan Jackpot on the bucket list!

Yesterday pretty much hit the railfan jackpot in my area of the state and  crossed a few things off a bucket list.  A friend helped. In the morning caught the westbound Keokuk Junction Railway going through Canton so filmed it and took some pictures before heading off to Pekin to pay some things. In Pekin was hoping to see a CN Local but no such luck so I hang around Wesley Road a while parked listening to the scanner to conserve gas.  I contemplated going to Chillicothe for easy catches but sort of getting burned out on BNSF atleast the same areas. I hear about action on Washington Road in East Peoria where a TZPR #1352 headed to the TP&W yard with a TP&W crew I think. I didn't catch the whole scanner chat so kind of confused on why a TZPR switcher is hauling to TP&W.  I know it's G&W and all but i've never seen one of their switchers do this.  After that nail a TZPR #1351 & IMRR #43 which stopped on Wesley Road for a few minutes.  

After that one started hearing about IAIS on the scanner  mentioned briefly.  There were two IAIS locomotives at the TZPR yard one was IAIS #512.  They got called to a Coal train and I  also heard later they had an issue with a Hopper. No idea what that was about.  I message a friend asking about them wondering if i should just stick around or go find another hunting ground.  I was also wondering at the time if IAIS did Coal runs. My friend came up which didn't expect telling about another train on the Union Pacific line MPECL so follow him to go catch that.   Traffic on War Memorial cut me off and I went down the wrong road so sort ofgot lost.  I ended up catching it anyway up north of Dunlap and Speer.  That was enjoyable well besides the stupid traffic and the  getting back on the interstate thing.  After that head to Chillicothe then work my way down hoping the IAIS train would be coming up.  Sure enough it did and I catch and film it around Peoria Heights. If it wasn't getting dark would have spent more time on it.  I went home after that.  I am very greatful on that MPECL train and it killed time for the IAIS one or i'd be waiting there for a while longer. 

KJRY in the morning:











TP&W with TZPR switcher (?):




MPECL UP action:  ( Thanks David again):



Last but not least the icing on the cake the IAIS Coal train:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)