Surprise KJRY with Prex #2032, #2018, #1750 & #1752.

This afternoon as we were leaving our apartment seen Rail cars moving west in the distance which caught me by surprise since i'm used to seeing them in the morning. Before I took my so called husband (rolls eyes) to his thing in Lewistown moving at a slow 45 mph pace die to a tire and rim making the car shake we take Cuba Blacktop so I could take photographs of this train. I set up to film it off Fifth Avenue in Canton at the crossing and noticed the lead was an Ex- ATSF locomotive which took me back 20 some to thirty years when seeing those kind were common when it was still TP&W and briefly for 5 or 6 years ATSF.  The line up included Prex #2032, #2018, #1750 and #1752.  I headed west a little after filming to take photographs in two locations.  I did manage to see two railfans and exchanged brief small talk.  The thing I had in my car couldn't be bothered to be social or get out of the vehicle.  Haha.  Sorry I have to use some sarcasm and humor not trying to be mean. When filming the engineer waved so it was a good surprise and pleasant afternoon.  It was also a very beautiful day and the temperature was just right.  I have no idea who the railfans were i wish i made the attempt to introduce myself or be a little more talkative but they didn't linger long.  One asked if i was following it to La Harpe and I replied no.  I would if i could.  Also I did that a month or so back.  I will again but need a better shape fixed up vehicle and also gas might help.  Bahaha.


The video batteries died so it cut off at the end.  I got most of the train though.

Photographs: 10-19-2017 west of Canton,Illinois.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)