Finally I catch a train!

I was expecting a train yesterday to make a westbound but apparently 
something changed.  It happens.  I was disappointed because this is a
very boring town and i'm limited on gas so I was frustrated I couldn't
go searching for any action anywhere.  Cabin fever depresses me alot 
and not just the cabin fever of being cooped up either but being limited
on where I can go. Nothing will depress me more or anger me than being
stuck in Canton without a break for weeks at a time. Canton deal with it
you're a depressing boring little town. Oh who cares....

Anyway I hear the horn from my apartment as I left the window cracked 
so i can hear something the next morning because I figured it  will probably
be today or if worse came to shove Thursday.  Eventually they'll pass through.
I go to the closest crossing near my apartment and film them after they came 
around a curve then go photograph on the west end of Canton before going 
home. If i had the gas I'd atleast go out to Cuba but another time Jan another
time. This made my day and sadly week because this hasn't been a good week
depression wise or dealing with demons...err certain people...**couch cough
person**.

The line up was Prex #1752-#1761-#1750 & #2003.  The F's will most likely
stay over in La Harpe or so was told  up until the time the Santa Train event
is expect next month (Dec 9). They will be waxed, washed, given some needed
maintnance no doubts and so forth.  Any future trains will consist of Geeps
most likely.  Anyways the train is a welcome sight.  It sure beats the tumbleweeds
blowing down the tracks any other day then again that's a typical sight in Canton
altogether. We aren't a very interesting town mind you so things get a tad dull.

Photo's:  ( will add video once uploaded on youtube in a bit)


























Video:
Is it my imagination or was the car around 1:21 a old Rock Island car?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.