Railcars, abandoned lines and geese

After we got some  parts to change the oil and work on the back breakline Scott 
and I took a little drive just to get out.  We checked out some Railcars and my 
main interest was the Norfolk and Western one at Rawalts and another said Grand
Western which i have no clue about. We also checked out cars on a siding outside of
Cuba too.  I want to up my game and expand to other things than focus on limited
stuff like locomotives and railroad lines. There is always more room for knowledge
and never too old to learn.

We also checked out two abandoned railroad branches one northeast of Lewistown
and the other near Fiatt, Illinois.  Then took pictures of the Old Burlington Northern
flatcar off a rarely used siding north of Lewistown. I didn't linger long nor did i touch 
anything.  I took pictures and a quick video and left.  I don't normally do something
like that but my camera zoom really sucks.  Oh well I can buy a better one down the
road it's not a top priority at the moment....fixing my bucket of bolts is before anything
else at the moment.  The dimmer switch for the headlights will have to wait til I get
paid. We also need a day it doesn't rain for him to do work on it. After this visited the 
geese for a few minutes before going home.  It wasn't an exciting railfan adventure or
anything but it was peaceful despite it raining a few times.

The videos was just experimenting using my voice to explain. I cringe at the sound
of my own voice but i got threw it.  The flatcar one Scott trolled me on but the Fiatt
one got through it without messing up too bad though my brain froze and I was like
Oh god what do I say?  Pretty much like any social interactions I have with other 
people. God my social anxiety is so bad that talking to myself on camera is even
effected. Dear mother of god....lol.


The BN Flat car: ( film and photographs)




















Railcars: (Rawalts and near Cuba):














Abandoned CB&Q/BN section near Fiatt:  ( photographs and video)

This was the old Fulton County Narrow Gauge at one time then CB&Q.  IN 1935
The Q abandoned most sections of this line leaving only a section between Lewistown
and Fairview to serve local coal mines.  It was abandoned by BN in 1977.








Down northeast of Lewistown east of where the Wye off the mainline was on the 
CB&Q/BN branch that went to Liverpool, Illinois.  Photographs only:

The line went down to a barge loading dock south of Liverpool and was abandoned
by BN in 1983.









Last but not least my friends the Canada Geese at Lakeland in Canton,Illinois. 
11-17-17. Also the old Ethanol plant that ran briefly and shut down south of Canton
and east of Dunfermline towards the Duck Creek Power Plant. BNSF would have
served it if it remained open. What a waste!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline