Just what the doctor ordered....

A heads up about an Eastbound Keokuk Junction Railway freight train quickly
turned a weeks worth of stress into a little enjoyment. People don't realize how
sometimes this turns a not so great day or week into a better one. This train was
coming back enroute to Kolbe and maybe a East Peoria run if they have time from
La Harpe.  The train line up included Prex# 2003 (lead), #1752, #1761 & #1750.
I decided to go park off Alexander's Lumber in Canton off Fifth Avenue and wait
for it around 6:15 estimating it would be here anywhere from 6:30 to 7:00 pm CST.
It arrived around 6:45 pm so didn't wait very long.  My first tip off  it was coming
into town was the conductor in the KJRY vehicle pulling in so I knew it was time to
rock and roll then a minute later heard a distant horn. I keep choosing this crossing
on night runs because it's the only well lit crossing in this town and the next closest
one would be well east in Glasford which I have no gas for that but maybe another
time.

I used Scott's camera since mine doesn't do well at night.  His ( which was my old one)
isn't much better but atleast it gets the job done better.  The upcoming Santa Train event
will take this with me for the Smithfield part of the trip since  at the moment I have plan
to run the entire thing from Mapleton to there providing if something stressful doesn't
come up or plans get drastically changed.  IN the coming month or so may do a Keokuk
run to see something from La Harpe to Keokuk.  It's at the top of my bucket list priority
list. This is like the Santa Train event depending on circumstances as well as finances.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.