BNSF Coal Train and a surprise find...

This morning I was tipped off by a facebook friend of a BNSF coal
train that had recieved a track warrant to haul coal up to the Duck
Creek Power Plant east of Dunfermline, Illinois.  I go down and wait
for it just north of Lewistown off Grain Bin Road.  That road has black
ice just a warning to any locals that may need to use that road.  Before
the train did a little video on the former CB&Q-BN siding next to the
main line.  It belongs to BNSF but it's cleary haven't been used in a 
very long time.  I do this to kill time the train was in Lewistown as I 
was doing that.  I take pictures here then head down to Bryant behind
the Old Fulton County Interurban depot and park.  I'll do a video on 
that depot one of these days when it's warm and i get permission from
who ever owns it. I film the train at Bryant.  I go just east of Dunfermline
west of the Ethanol and Power Plant and take more photographs.

After the train I go to turn around on this dirt road that ran along where
the old United Electric Coal Company Railroad tracks ran.  There was a 
yard south of there at one time.  I'll post old maps in a bit.  My video will
also take a few more hours to upload.  AT&T for the win. Ha. I was actually
surprised tracks were still there. Buckheart Mine closed in 1984 so one would
think the tracks would have been torn out after it closed and there was no 
longer a use for them.  I do a video and take some pictures. It's very overgrown
and  the snow on the ground was up past my ankles also it was cold.  Ugh.
In the summer it's so overgrown in this area and with leaves you wouldn't be
able to see this line.  I was here once before just to see if tracks still ran across 
a road and you could see it in the pavement.  I'll post that later here if I remember.

North of Lewistown:  ( BNSF # 9034-#5650 leading two, #9161 & #9109 at the end):






















At and around Bryant:  ( The white car ahead of me is dirtier than mine haha).





East of Dunfermline:






















North of Lewistown the Former siding next to the active line ( ex-CB&Q-BN):




Abandoned United Electric Railroad Tracks east of Dunfermline:

















This was up the road back in May 2016 where the tracks crossed this little road:


This one is the spur  UECC had that went down to Liverpool, Il ( taken 2015):



Will add BNSF video once it uploads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbk43_rWz0I


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline