Watched KJ siding action in Canton...

This morning heard a westbound KJRY horn and look out the window
to see them off in the distance entering Canton on the east end.  My 
husband makes a smart ass comment and I exchanged one back  like
the smart ass that I am. I go film the train at Fifth Avenue and they stop.
I smirked a little as I seen they were going to retrieve a car from the siding
off Second Avenue and Railroad Street. I love when the impatient drivers
in this town have to wait.  They treat that road like a race track sometimes.

I head down Railroad Street and film them pick up a car and take some photo's
of them recoupling to load then departing west.  Hopefully in the coming months
Hitchcock Scrapyard starts building something and start using rail service in this
area.  Being I lived in Canton for so long and they aren't really known for progress
so I'll believe it when I start seeing it. The skeptic in me  has to see something before
it dawns on me something is really happening. Atleast this mayor seems like he wants
to improve the town more than the previous guy can say. If this does happen I look
forward to filming the train stop here.  I really hope this happens.  This is also the
second westbound train this week so I hope this is a good sign. There for a while it
seemed like one full train a week unless I just didn't here the second.  













They had an Old Rock Island car on the train again:


The video's of today:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline