Local train ends my train drought...

A westbound Keokuk Junction Railway train put an end to my train dought
and some boredom. I hear the train from my apartment so I drive down to
Fifth Avenue and take some pictures as I already have several videos from 
and wanted pictures there. I drive west of town to film the train. Despite
dreary a little it was rather warm out which was a nice break from those
temperatures a week or so back.  God, I hate winter. Anyway the Line up
was the F's and a Geep Prex #1752-1761-1750-2003.

This sort of cheered me up a little from major depression and the fighting
that's been going  on between my husband and I.  I know when I get pair
the alternator on that car needs replaces.  The car is the gift that keeps on 
giving...Oh joy needs more work done...Horrah!  Okay I'm done being silly
and trying to use my weird humor to mentally cope with everything.

I wish KJRY ran through here more than one full run a week.  This area
is dead rail wise other than that and sometimes BNSF trains to Duck Creek 
Power Plant. I hope Hitchcock Scrap yards starts activity for future rail
service soon.  I'm getting kind of curious how all this is going to play out
and how fast it will take to build whatever and get the ball rolling on loading
cars and shipping by rail. This should be interesting how to see KJRY move 
around cars and such in that area if they got a big load from their regular 
freight trains and wonder how they'll deal with blocking fifth avenue crossing.
They might not I just don't know and most of the time their trains aren't terribly
long so it shouldn't be much of an issue. I'll admit if it inconvinences the dumb
drivers in this town my heart will be filled with such glee and alot of hand
rubbing and snickers will be had but I'm a semi troll so crap like that pleases 
me.  My personal hobby is if I see a long ass coal train and I have tail gators
I slow way down and make sure I get stuck at the crossing to wait on it so
they do.  As if i wouldn't wait for it anyway I'd break out my camera and
start filming. Some drivers deserve it to be fair if you tail gate me you're 
going to be trolled if I'm in the mood I will slow it down to the exact speed
or five miles per hour under just to get my kicks.  I'm in no rush and neither
should you be....just saying.  Leave early if time is such a concern!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline