Need to really catch up on SNL...

Back in the 1990's one of my favorite pastimes was catching episodes
of Saturday Night Live. Every generation thinks their generation of
SNL was the best but I can say mine was or atleast up there with the 
best of the shows history. In my day Chris Farley, David Spade, Phil
Hartman, Adam Sandler and Chris Rock were kind of big on the show.
Some made names of themselves and went onto movies like the people
I just mentioned whom were worthy of it.  Chris Farley was always a
personal favorite because of how he delivered his lines, and his movements.
He didn't have to even do much to be funny sometimes a facial expression
was all it took not just because he was the fat guy who fell down alot. I 
miss that man. I also used to enjoy Phil Hartman because he could deliver
his lines and he could make one laugh with little effort.  

Now I'm catching up on SNL on youtube and can say Kenan Thompson 
deserves to be ranked up there with some of the more famous people from
SNL.  Why isn't he more famous than he is?  This guy is  freaking hilarious.
I gave up on SNL after Farley and all them left and Will Ferrell started 
hitting the scene on the show.  I can't stand that guy and he just struck me
the wrong way. Some people I just can't stand and he is one of them. This
Thompson guy though he should be really famous and be in alot of movies.
I can't believe watching SNL has made me happy from this era.  This is a 
hard task to accomplish what with being always stressed out and  bipolar
disorder.  Bravo someone made me laugh. I really need to pick up making 
it a weekly thing to watch SNL again. 

I wonder what other people's opinion on SNL  is or what they think the best
era was?  Bill Murray had some good stuff and so did Eddie Murphy. I  really
haven't watch much of the 1970's stuff but i need too.  THis show is a gold
mine of comedy for all ages. I will always cherish the Farley and Spade years 
since I grew up watching some of that. Good times!


Note: On Fb once again in jail again for posting a meme and someone found it
offensive. Ummm dear America get that stick out of your butt and laugh
instead of being offended by every little single thing.  This is why some 
people including me are happier than others.  We can laugh at the most
stupidest of crap and not get offended by it.  I remember a time when you
can say something and people wouldn't get so  uptight about it and perhaps
laugh at it instead of taking it the wrong way.  I miss America and those days.
Facebook has no sense of humor nor does some of it's users.  The funny part
about that is I have posted worse stuff than that which would have deserved
a posting ban in satire but no they find the stupidest of reasons. My point is
people have no sense of humor anymore with the PC culture and social justice
warriors.  Lighten up you might actually have fun if you actually took light
of stuff and laughed for once. Laughing is great for the soul. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline