Canton Lake debate

By what I've been reading is someone is wanting to come in to Canton
Lake and buy some property to remodel and make it look more decent.
I've also read nothing much will change and the public will still be able
to use the lake and camp grounds also to use the boat docks it costs the
same as it's was.  This is what I have been reading and hearing unless
I'm missing something.  Naturally people of Canton oppose change or
even some progress to this quiet  community. I highly doubt this will
provide jobs or much anyway but it could make one of the few attractions
this town has look presentable to maybe encourage people to visit.  I said
could so what exactly is wrong with that? Now if they did plan to close off
a portion of the lake to the citizens and every day joe's of Canton then I
would have an issue with it since I sometimes like to fish out there.  

I guess look on the bright side atleast it's not the Coal mine.  As much as I
support Coal Mines don't exactly want one at that particular spot since
every man and his brother goes out there to unwind and fish.  Now if they
bought the property and went back on their word closing off the lake wouldn't
that be cause for a court battle if it did happen?  I'm trying to see both sides
of it.  If they did keep their word and only interested in improving things then
what's the big deal?  Certain areas has needed improvement for sometime. Time
will certainly tell. On another note still waiting for the Scrapyard to start getting
things built for rail service but so far nothing.  It will probably be spring on that
since the weather isn't being cooperative this winter much.  It's Illinois so it's 
always a yo-yo anyways.  I hope this new mayor keeps trying to improves things
and doesn't end up a do nothing like the last one. Progress takes time so another
wait and see scenerio.  It would be nice to hang my head in pride for my town for
once instead of shame.  Just my two cents so don't mind me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline